• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since I've started wanting him sacked he's been playing a blinder:

* Positive in the transfer market.

* Improvement in team performance and by the looks of things morale.

* Significantly better dealings with the press.

So in order to keep this run of form continuing: I still want him sacked.

:)

:lol:

Ditto!

Same. I wanted him gone post_Sunderland, but then he pulled out the signing of Walker, who scores on his debut as we win away (albeit at SUFC) and progress to the 4th round of the FA Cup. Then we sign Makoun, then after going 1-0 down at the Sty we come back and batter them until we get an equaliser. Then we sign Bent, biggest transfer in at Villa since Deano, and we proceed to beat Man City and keep a clean sheet against possibly one of the top 10 attacks in Europe.

And then he has a go at Bruce and Holloway when they attack him/the club. keep it up Ged!

I remain a bit on the fence. In a way I'm glad we've stuck with him. On the other I'm still not sure h'es the right man.

I'd always been in the "give him time as long as we'll stay up" camp. but then when it appeared we were just in free fall, I turned and wanted him out.

I don't know now. Part of me thinks he could do really well here given time. Part of me thinks he isn't the right man and the longer we keep him in the more time we're wasting.

That's basically my view as well. If he can keep us up this season, convince Lerner to spend some more and bring in three more TOP players, the sky is the limit, in my opinion. Someone had suggested that he be bumped upstairs into a DoF position and name his manager, which I think could work well.

Bent does well as a lone striker...

When? I think his best football was played when Kenwyne Jones was up there doing the donkey work for him, holding the ball and running the channels so Bent could just concentrate on the one thing he's good at.

Does that mean that Heskey can be a great striker partner for Bent? I really think so.

I remain a bit on the fence. In a way I'm glad we've stuck with him. On the other I'm still not sure h'es the right man.

I'd always been in the "give him time as long as we'll stay up" camp. but then when it appeared we were just in free fall, I turned and wanted him out.

I don't know now. Part of me thinks he could do really well here given time. Part of me thinks he isn't the right man and the longer we keep him in the more time we're wasting.

That's basically my view as well. If he can keep us up this season, convince Lerner to spend some more and bring in three more TOP players, the sky is the limit, in my opinion. Someone had suggested that he be bumped upstairs into a DoF position and name his manager, which I think could work well.

Nice sounding plan, but you've gotta ask yourself, when has that sort of arrangement ever worked in the English game? Either way, it matters not what we say because Lerner is clearly backing GH all the way.

He has had a good few weeks and the team look like they are starting to play for him as well. Also glad to see him fight his corner against the 3 amigos of Quinn, Bruce adn Holloway. Long may it continue

Nice sounding plan, but you've gotta ask yourself, when has that sort of arrangement ever worked in the English game? Either way, it matters not what we say because Lerner is clearly backing GH all the way.

It is more likely to work in this scenario though where the DoF is involved in the recruitment of the manager or "head coach" as it is probably more appropriately termed I guess. A lot of times in English football a DoF has been forced upon an incumbent manager.

To work successfully they would have to have a shared vision of what they want to achieve - style of play etc. - and agree what is needed. They would then draw up a joint list which both would buy into and the DoF would go out and execute the transactions.

Was prepared to give him time then after Liverpool, Sunderland etc I wanted him gone now he seems to have finally got in tune with the club and starting to show the passion we want from a boss.

He also seems to have got the players pulling together and I think some of the departures and of course the arrivals have certainly helped.

Still don't like the bloke (French thing). We need to follow up the Man Citeh result by thumping a useless Wigan, they are missing players and 2 or 3 nil has got to be on the cards. Walker bombing down the wing, Ash & Downing pinging them in and DB smashing them home. Got to be a sure bet for 3 pts.

It's a transitional season. Houllier's slowly bringing in his methods and his players, which can only benefit the club in the long run. Back him.

slowly, slowly, catch a monkey

Â