Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

ive seen him and ronaldinho on the same pitch, it was his 1st year and all about ronaldinho though, would love to go again for my 30th in a couple of years, trying to convince the gf to go again and see messi / iniesta / xavi before xavi retires cos i knew about messi and iniesta as exciting players coming through but dont think i fully appreciated watching xavi

for me both are perfect for their system. Ronaldo wouldnt fit in at Barcelona but would still score a bucket load of goals. Messi im not so sure, at barcelona he is the main goal threat from centre while Ronaldo isnt as Benzema or Higuain usually play and as great as Xabi Alonso is, Khedira, Modric or Ozil are no Iniesta(very good players in own right)

Well, yeah. Although Ronaldo would be the focal point for Barcelona, without Messi there, and in that situation he'd fit in without too many problems, I reckon. He's a great player all round and would probably work well with Villa, each of them swapping positions between centre forward and cutting in from the left.

Messi is Messi, of course, and would be great anywhere. However, the Barça set-up is suited to him far more than any other side would be.

What do you think would work better. Messi playing for Madrid, or Ronaldo for Barca? I think Messi to Madrid would fit better, Ronaldo's completely different style would probably 'ruin' a lot of the play Barca like to do.

Well it'd be interesting to see how they'd adapt systems, Messi for Argentina plays along with Higuain and Aguero but not at the main 'focal' point like with Barca in terms of being the key central player and is doing magnificently well. In terms of Real, they still have a lot of the ball but are far more direct in their player, lose the ball more and require higher work ethic. In fact, I'd argue from an attacking sense especially in La Liga, Messi would in a lot of games enjoy it more for Real than he does Barcelona. He wouldn't take part as much and drop as deeper or touch the ball more often but he'd certainly still get the ball in as many dangerous areas. Understanding would cost goals, Barcelona players ALWAYS seek Messi, mainly because he's 90% in the best position and the other 10% give it him anyway because he'll still put in the net. Defensively as well, Mourinho wouldn't play him as the main focal point and nor would he play 4-4-2 I imagine so he'd have to work harder, affecting his effectiveness and sharpness during later stages of match where he gets plenty of goals.

Ronaldo has always pretty much played wide bar a few spells up front. Barcelona in reality, kill their wingers. They are there in this system more or less to draw defenders and free up space to either give it to the overlapping full back to cross/pull back or go back again and work it through the middle. Barcelona don't play in a way that see's their wingers get in dangerous one on one positions with defenders because their build up speed is slow up until the opposition edge of the box. Key example is Alexis Sanchez, sure many have seen him before and also for Chile, he can be unplayable, goes past players for fun, at Barca he looks half the player as he rarely is allowed (positionally) to run at full backs and create from inside like he does often for Chile.

i'd go for Messi more based on the fact that Barcelona's style is so significantly different to anyone else and it means almost a complete adaption to Ronaldo's style whether on the wing or him having to play in the middle.

We will however never know :D

Never thought I’d say it but I’m disappointed in Lionel Messi. The best player on the planet, arguably the best player of all time, I’d happily pay a small fortune to watch him play.

But why sign again at Barcelona?

Messi has won everything at Barcelona, there’s nothing left to do there. So why not come to the Premier League so we can find out if he can do it out of his comfort zone?

His new contract takes him beyond the age of 30 so we will never see Messi at his peak playing anywhere else but Barcelona.

Scoring and winning has become easy at Barcelona for Messi. I wish he had accepted the challenge of signing for an English side. Is he scared of Stoke?

Lionel Messi – bottler.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2250984/Adrian-Durham-Arsenals-Santi-Cazorla-touch-David-Silva-Juan-Mata--Lionel-Messi-bottler.html#ixzz2FbURJJVt

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

classic Adrian Durham

Â