• Downing
    • Ireland
    • Albrighton
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Clark 46)
    • Pires (for Albrighton 65)
    • Carew (for Agbonlahor 66)

I didn't even get to see the match. I must admit though, I kinda getting **** sick of seeing us lose. I still want to give GH more time though, he took the reigns at a very difficult time. I'm seriously deflated though. SHITE!

we have no shape, ideas or belief. what's worse is the liverpool side that just schooled us is VERY mediocre, any decent side would have got a result tonight.

Totally this.

We just got hammered by the worst Liverpool side in my lifetime. As I commented at half time, we were shite, shite, shite. Hogg MotM, but he didn't have much to beat.

Time to say Au Revoir, Gerard.

This is the thing - I don't think they hammered us at all - they only really had 5-6 chances of note and happened to score from them.

All Liverpool really did was sit back and let us do their work for them.

We really are lacking leadership and confidence. Our players are getting caught out with the ball and misplacing passes way too often, which is because they are playing a style of football which is against their natural style. Luke Young for example is never going to be a pass & move player because the ball always bounces 10 yards off his feet when he tries to control the ball.

One thing I will say - we look far more convincing & threatening with 2 strikers on the pitch. We need to play 4-4-2 to give us a chance of scoring.

I am not in favour of sacking Houllier just yet - I think given the money next month he could bring a few good players in - but if he was sacked I wouldn't be particularly upset about it, as long as they had someone to replace him immediately.

This is the thing - I don't think they hammered us at all

Maybe a bit OTT, but we had 1 shot on target that I remember, and Pool are a mid table nothing side.

Utterly shite and not acceptable

i've been sayin to mate give Houllier chance it's not his team,but this is disgraceful now,can't keep playing the injury card

the retards got no motivational skills,and no sense either,lets keep cuellar on the bench

we had a strong enough team to fight for atleast a point tonight but na nothin again

he's a pr*ck,,the shat knocked us out the cup,we what 2 points above relegation and looks like could lose to baggies the weekend too,he hasnt got a clue

what do we have to look forward to?a feckin relegation battle n the possible signings of michael owen n some other 30+ player,sweet

Houllier"]He added: "It's difficult to say but I prefer to lose 3-0 to Liverpool because I like Liverpool.

He told his post-match press conference: "The fans were good. I appreciated the fact that they chanted my name at the end. It shows they can remember.

It shows you cannot forget.

He lost me tonight.

We had some offensive players?

I thought they were all pretty offensive tonight...

I'm pretty sick and tired tonight. I'm tired of watching a couple of previously heroic centre halves pretending to be professional footballers. I'm tired of watching a perfectly capable replacement wasted on the bench. I'm tired of dominating possession and creating f*** all with it. I'm tired of hearing the same old 'injuries' and 'new manager' and 'bedding in' type phrases wheeled out to excuse the rubbish I'm watching. I'm tired of utterly believing I'd be better off managing this team. I'm tired of hearing we're going to play continental style Barca pass and move if we only give the current incumbent a 'bit of time' and loads of dosh to implement it when it's clearly pie in the sky. I'm tired of these excuses when none of our previous managers would have got away with them. I'm tired of exceptions being used to prove an argument ("we're doing OK under Houllier we nearly beat Man Utd / It wasn't always rosy under MON, we lost 7-1 to Chelsea"). I'm tired of watching us play the worst football in the most dire circumstances since under Gregory. I'm tired none of the players or the manager seem to care, when in the last few seasons they appeared to bleed claret and blue. I'm tired of Stephen Ireland refusing to get his shorts dirty, the heartless fairy. I'm tired we lost a truly great player to gain him. I'm tired of trying desperately not to care about this season, of writing it off, and now genuinely being concerned we're going to be relegated. I'm tired of our new manager. I'm tired of knowing the alternative could see us become a Newcastle style managerial revolving door. I'm tired of thinking it's going to get worse, a lot worse, before it ever gets better.

we have no shape, ideas or belief. what's worse is the liverpool side that just schooled us is VERY mediocre, any decent side would have got a result tonight.

Totally this.

We just got hammered by the worst Liverpool side in my lifetime. As I commented at half time, we were shite, shite, shite. Hogg MotM, but he didn't have much to beat.

Time to say Au Revoir, Gerard.

Totally agree as well.

Was willing to give him a chance and I know it's still early days but there are a number of reasons why there is little hope of improvement.

Firstly, the shambolic examples of defending we've recently witnessed can be attributable to Houllier's new philosophy of playing our way out from the back ALL the time. Now whilst I'm all for this style of play the manager takes the responsibility in making the judgement on whether he has the personnel to do that. We quite clearly don't. They were bought by MON to give their all when defending and then get rid. They look lost when trying to 'play their way out of trouble'. If you watch our pattern of play it involves slow square balls played across the back which invariably breaks down when we try and play a probing ball into the midfield. Playing like this does not turn you into Barça Gérard.

Another consequence of this way of playing is that it doesn't exploit our assets up front. The likes of Young, Gabby and Downing are at their best when the opposition finds itself stretched between midfield and defence and they can use their pace to run at them. The way we slowly build play negates that advantage completely. The fact Houllier can't see that is a clear worry. The defeats are piling up now and with that the confidence drains away. It's not completely bleak as I believe we still have plenty of top quality players, but this merely puts the spotlight more on the manager. Can he get them playing for him. I'm not so sure. They look confused at best at the moment.

Houllier"]He added: "It's difficult to say but I prefer to lose 3-0 to Liverpool because I like Liverpool.

He told his post-match press conference: "The fans were good. I appreciated the fact that they chanted my name at the end. It shows they can remember.

He lost me tonight.

If he said that he shouldn't even be given a lift home on the team bus.

Give him time MON never had to deal with injuries like this. And will the MON luvvies stop wheeling out the cliches about "fight, desire" etc it's stinks of such an english/losing mentality. We're trying to play the passing game it's not easy with the technically inept players we have. we seem to boss games week in week out now 60% tonight so we're doing something right. we just need some creativity and flair in the final third. Under MON we would surrender possession and chase the ball around like idiots, no wonder we never did anything in europe. It will take time but so long as we don't get relegated is anyone really bothered? We won't get relegated with Ashley Young in the team anyway...despite what you here on sky there is some real shiit teams in this league....wolves/west ham/wigan/blackpool/fulham.

Keep the faith in Houllier and stop living in the past having wet dreams about MON the dinosaur.

Totally agree as well.

Was willing to give him a chance and I know it's still early days but there are a number of reasons why there is little hope of improvement.

Firstly, the shambolic examples of defending we've recently witnessed can be attributable to Houllier's new philosophy of playing our way out from the back ALL the time. Now whilst I'm all for this style of play the manager takes the responsibility in making the judgement on whether he has the personnel to do that. We quite clearly don't. They were bought by MON to give their all when defending and then get rid. They look lost when trying to 'play their way out of trouble'. If you watch our pattern of play it involves slow square balls played across the back which invariably breaks down when we try and play a probing ball into the midfield. Playing like this does not turn you into Barça Gérard.

Another consequence of this way of playing is that it doesn't exploit our assets up front. The likes of Young, Gabby and Downing are at their best when the opposition finds itself stretched between midfield and defence and they can use their pace to run at them. The way we slowly build play negates that advantage completely. The fact Houllier can't see that is a clear worry. The defeats are piling up now and with that the confidence drains away. It's not completely bleak as I believe we still have plenty of top quality players, but this merely puts the spotlight more on the manager. Can he get them playing for him. I'm not so sure. They look confused at best at the moment.

Cracking post that, couldn't have put that any better.

A few comments from the redandwhitekop forum:

"Great match, the Kop sounded spectacular..."

Excuse me? :shock:

"Villa, like West Ham two weeks ago, were absolute dogshit."

Can't disagree with that.

"I think houllier got caught up in the occasion."

Even they see it.

"Villa was the worst Villa I've seen for quite a while. Under O'neil they were a solid team, full of confidence and enthusiasm, very strong, fast and with a defence hard to open. Now, they're attrocious in every aspect of their game."

1 win in 10 would suggest that comment has some truth in it.

"Sorry to the pro Houllier lads but my goodness thaat is what used to drive me crazy about him. The excuses he gave. 'Cant fault the players for effort' some of them were statuesque

Then of course 'off side, rushing players back, we had our chances."

Sound familiar?

Get Houllier out NOW!

He lost me tonight.

Me too mate, Me too.

Hogg?! 28% of the vote?

The result has sent everyone loopy. None of that central midfield deserves man of the match. They were god awful. Offer us absolutely nothing and Hogg was the worst of them.

He lost me tonight.

Wow... I'm stunned he's had the front to say that and I think it shows his true level of commitment to the club. If the boss has that attitude it's hardly surprising the team are lacking any kind of enthusiasm.

I'll never forgive MON for the way he left AVFC but could you even imagine him saying something like that??

Get out now Houllier, if you care so little then you don't deserve to be here.

Â