• Downing
    • Ireland
    • Albrighton
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Clark 46)
    • Pires (for Albrighton 65)
    • Carew (for Agbonlahor 66)

I think it's important we don't judge GH too soon. These are not 'his' players and we've been hit by bad injuries.

must have read this 100000000000 times over the past 2 months and whilst in essence i don't disagree with you, we must take into account that in this bizarre season any team is seemingly capable of beating anyone else, except us (and fulham, wigan and west ham) which is a massive worry. we've won 4 times all season and only once were we convincing. Houllier isnt getting the job done.

Where the hell has the fire and the motivation gone from this side? We weren't always brilliant under MON, but at least we ALWAYS fought to the very last breath. The last couple of games we've just seemed half hearted, listless, like nobody on the pitch gives a shit what happens. Not one of them looked like they had any pride in playing for the club tonight, not one of them had even an ounce of passion. Disgusted, not just with the performance but with the attitude and application.
I agree with you about the lack of motivation in the side but we weren't always determined under MON either. 7-1 anybdy? Let's not kid ourselves here - there was no passion tonight but it's not like there weren't games under MON where that was the case as well.

That game's not a great example though, for the first half at least we were competitive and seemed well in the game, but got torn apart once the team tired in the second half. This is the game that demonstrated just how badly MON had run our players into the ground by sticking to the same players week in, week out.

Tonight, on the other hand, we had no fight from the first minute. The players just looked like they were there to collect a pay cheque, just going through the motions. I've seen more fire and enthusiasm in a Sunday kickabout down the local park. The fans that travelled in the cold to watch that game should feel rightly insulted at the lack of effort the team put in.

I think it's important we don't judge GH too soon. These are not 'his' players and we've been hit by bad injuries. Give him time to buy some players who are good enough to play 'his' way and see how we go next season. If we are struggling this time next year, then fair enough, look at something else. I just think it will take time and money to get the players who can fulfil his vision. Given time, I think GH WILL get it right...I've more confidence in his philosophy than MON's.

Injuries lead to a dip in performances. Not a week in week out capitualtion

I think it's important we don't judge GH too soon. These are not 'his' players and we've been hit by bad injuries. Give him time to buy some players who are good enough to play 'his' way and see how we go next season. If we are struggling this time next year, then fair enough, look at something else. I just think it will take time and money to get the players who can fulfil his vision. Given time, I think GH WILL get it right...I've more confidence in his philosophy than MON's.

Injuries lead to a dip in performances. Not a week in week out capitualtion

Well said. Some fans hide behind the excuse of injuries but all they are doing is denying reality.

This team is f*cked because MON f*cked it and I'd rather have bowel cancer than have MON back. GH is trying to make MON's team work but the fact is too many of those players either won't play or can't play under GH so f*ck 'em, get rid and lets start again with players who play for the badge on the front and not the name on the back !

we have no shape, ideas or belief. what's worse is the liverpool side that just schooled us is VERY mediocre, any decent side would have got a result tonight.

Totally this.

We just got hammered by the worst Liverpool side in my lifetime. As I commented at half time, we were shite, shite, shite. Hogg MotM, but he didn't have much to beat.

Time to say Au Revoir, Gerard.

Rubbish. Injuries or not, the players now look and play like they don't give a shit. Poor results are acceptable if the players are busting a gut and doing their best, but Houllier seems to have no ability to motivate them whatsoever. I'm doubting it would be much better with a full strength team available.

GH is past it and still seems to wish he was Liverpool manager. I think Randy would be mad to give him money to spend in January. See how we go next season? Might be too late by then. Cut our losses and get Jol now, before we're truly ****. We're just lucky that Wigan, West Ham and Wolves are so awful, but right now we're really not much better.

Still, at least people might start to appreciate that MON - for all his obvious faults - is actually a bloody good manager.

Rubbish. Injuries or not, the players now look and play like they don't give a shit. Poor results are acceptable if the players are busting a gut and doing their best, but Houllier seems to have no ability to motivate them whatsoever. I'm doubting it would be much better with a full strength team available.

GH is past it and still seems to wish he was Liverpool manager. I think Randy would be mad to give him money to spend in January. See how we go next season? Might be too late by then. Cut our losses and get Jol now, before we're truly ****. We're just lucky that Wigan, West Ham and Wolves are so awful, but right now we're really not much better.

Still, at least people might start to appreciate that MON - for all his obvious faults - is actually a bloody good manager.

I agree with most of your post but MON was not a good manager. If he was then the team would not have fallen apart so quickly. A good manager builds something to last not something for the now.

This team is f*cked because MON f*cked it and I'd rather have bowel cancer than have MON back. GH is trying to make MON's team work but the fact is too many of those players either won't play or can't play under GH so f*ck 'em, get rid and lets start again with players who play for the badge on the front and not the name on the back !

are you deluded? Mo'N '****' this team? by consistantly challenging for CL football and reaching a cup final? by instilling a drive, a passion and a work ethic into the team that never gave up, mirrored by MON himself kicking every ball on the touchline.

houllier wrapped up in his coat not even bothering to get up and give instructions is a far cry from last year, as are the shambolic performances on the pitch.

Normally a houllier supporter as I can normally see the positives and understand the style we are trying to play and look to the long term future.

However I'm feeling a little fickle tonight as I couldnt see the positives. With a load of palace fans who are normally quite neutral and dont rib me, but even they were giving me the shocked look. Shit Liverpool side and nothing positive about our fight (lack of) back.

Appauling decision by houllier to keep cuellar out of the team, what is it he is seeing that nobody else in the world is about that situation.

I'm trying and trying and it's getting so hard to believe the excuses.

MON's squad, not Houllier's

Injuries

Luck - see Spurs game etc.

Every has bad patches. But this one is really quite alarming. You might be ravaged by problems, but the drubbing by Newcastle and being played off the pitch by a Plop side that did not have the three players that "make" their team makes my nerves jingle. Half of the players don't look like they give a shit. At least at Christmas last year when I froze my bollocks off at Villa Park we totally outplayed Liverpool for 93 mins until they got lucky with how the ball fell to Torres. I don't see much to be positive about tonight, and I'm not even one of the stereotypical winging fans.

Thorougly, thoroughly depressed tonight. We have absolutely **** all creativity in our team and our defence is falling apart at the seems. I would happily swap Warnock for a chocalate fire guard. He is totally hopeless. Complete liability. 9 times out of 10 when the ball drops over his shoulder and he is running towards his own goal, he completely **** it up (cheap corner for first goal tonight is one of many examples).

I still think Gerard should be given a chance. Sorry but any team would struggle if they had the amount of injuries we have suffered this season. Especially us seeing as we have one of the smallest squads in the league.

I am ABSOLUTELY **** SICK TO DEATH OF HAVING THE SMALLEST SQUAD IN THE **** LEAGUE. This is going on 10 years or more since before DOL. Will we ever have anything other than a small squad?

Anyway, in my state of depression, I've had a look back at the league table at this same stage from the last 3 seasons.

YEAR POS P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS

09/10 3rd 16 5 2 1 16 6 3 3 2 10 8 12 29

08/09 5th 16 3 4 1 10 7 5 0 3 15 11 7 28

07/08 8th 16 5 0 4 13 12 3 3 1 14 7 8 27

10/11 16th 16 3 4 1 12 9 1 1 6 5 18 -10 17

(Sorry about the format of the table. Just goes like this when copied form xls)

As expected, this is by far the worst we have fared after the same amount of games over the last 3 seasons. We are 12 points worse off than last year, 13 league places, have scored 9 less goals and conceeded 13 goals MORE this season than last.

Worst of all, our goal difference is 22 worse off than last season!

We have only lost Milner from last year's playing squad and this is the difference. The manager and injuries obviously play a mojor part here but the difference is unbelievable.

I say wait until we have a fully fit squad and Gerard brings one or two in before being too hasty and calling for his head.

Trust me, I am as pissed off with anyone else with the way things are going at the minute but amongst all this depression and anger I can't help but think Houllier hasn't had a fair crack of the whip yet

The only glimmer of hope tonight was the fans, who are a true credit for the club. Out-sang the 'famous KOP' even when 3-0 down on a miserable monday night.

I'm torn because while Houllier is clearly not getting things right, I feel totally let down by L.Young, R.Dunne, and J.Collins. Warnock was always a liability after his initial good form. These are experienced players, and as long as Houllier hasn't specifically told them to not mark their men, and clear the ball properly, then the blame rests at them.

How can we expect Gabby and co to keep their heads up when we're doing O.K going forward but concede as soon as we lose posession? We're in contention to score first, but then your back line, and your captain, are making hideous gaffes all over the shop and we concede twice.

I was very disappointed with the attitude tonight but I thought our offensive players were largely blameless.

The only glimmer of hope tonight was the fans, who are a true credit for the club. Out-sang the 'famous KOP' even when 3-0 down on a miserable monday night.

I'm torn because while Houllier is clearly not getting things right, I feel totally let down by L.Young, R.Dunne, and J.Collins. Warnock was always a liability after his initial good form. These are experienced players, and as long as Houllier hasn't specifically told them to not mark their men, and clear the ball properly, then the blame rests at them.

How can we expect Gabby and co to keep their heads up when we're doing O.K going forward but concede as soon as we lose posession? We're in contention to score first, but then your back line, and your captain, are making hideous gaffes all over the shop and we concede twice.

I was very disappointed with the attitude tonight but I thought our offensive players were largely blameless.

We had some offensive players?

Â