SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I grew up in Brum.

Supporting our new manager's former team I wonder murkydepths? If so, I can understand why you changed sides at the earliest opportunity. :winkold:

Shit when the big boys nick your best players eh lads?

No it is not the greatest is it? :winkold:

I bet he felt so smug and clever.. A real sense of achievement, about 5 minutes ago. The truth is, he's made himself look a right tit.

The Sunderland fan, I am referring to.. Obviously.

Smug about what? We haven't landed him yet. Anyway, enough of the foreplay.

How do you reckon this one will turn out then lads? I'm not overly confident of landing him but you know how it is, we can but hope.

Do Sunderland have a requirement for N'Zogbia or any other winger? Doesn't Sessegnon play on the left? Not saying he's as good but looks quite useful.

Bias aside, I still think Villa look the more attractive proposition for N'Zogbia. Higher profile, better forwards to aim his service at and although Bruce has done a high volume of business this summer, the team looks suspiciously like it will resemble a patchwork quilt of expensive gambles (Wickham) and players never-quite-good-enough-to-succeed-elsewhere to me.

Nah, Sess quit his last club because he didn't want to play on the left. Where we are currently I think we have to gamble, adding Brown and JOS should see us alright and hopefully their signing will help us a little further along the road to premier league respectability. Not too long ago you were gambling on players like Young and Downing, I'd settle for the degree of success you've had developing them on.

I grew up in Brum.

Supporting our new manager's former team I wonder murkydepths? If so, I can understand why you changed sides at the earliest opportunity. :winkold:

Shit when the big boys nick your best players eh lads?

No it is not the greatest is it? :winkold:

Not likely, although I did grow up in Small Heath. Villa have always been my second team.

I bet he felt so smug and clever.. A real sense of achievement, about 5 minutes ago. The truth is, he's made himself look a right tit.

The Sunderland fan, I am referring to.. Obviously.

Smug about what? We haven't landed him yet. Anyway, enough of the foreplay.

How do you reckon this one will turn out then lads? I'm not overly confident of landing him but you know how it is, we can but hope.

Do Sunderland have a requirement for N'Zogbia or any other winger? Doesn't Sessegnon play on the left? Not saying he's as good but looks quite useful.

Bias aside, I still think Villa look the more attractive proposition for N'Zogbia. Higher profile, better forwards to aim his service at and although Bruce has done a high volume of business this summer, the team looks suspiciously like it will resemble a patchwork quilt of expensive gambles (Wickham) and players never-quite-good-enough-to-succeed-elsewhere to me.

Nah, Sess quit his last club because he didn't want to play on the left. Where we are currently I think we have to gamble, adding Brown and JOS should see us alright and hopefully their signing will help us a little further along the road to premier league respectability. Not too long ago you were gambling on players like Young and Downing, I'd settle for the degree of success you've had developing them on.

Fair enough - though I think there's a massive difference between gambling on Young and Downing who both had Premier League, and in the case of the latter, international experience and a generally untested young striker from the third tier of English football. Though I genuinely hope he does well as England desperately need young centre forwards to develop as quickly as possible.

Back to N'Zogbia though - looking around the various news outlets, Sunderland's interest only seems to be rumoured with Villa the only club to formally submit a bid so let's hope this can be wrapped up over the weekend. Can see him being very flexible in terms of positioon too - left or right wing and possibly even as deep-lying striker.

Really wouldn't bother arguing with Sunderland fans... Just mention Darren Bent.. THAT's HOW A BIG CLUB does it's business.... £10M in cash up front £5M non refundable = #OWNED

I've seen this sort of thing a few times in the last couple of days. Can someone explain exactly what the deal was?

I've seen this sort of thing a few times in the last couple of days. Can someone explain exactly what the deal was?

As with Ashley Young and Fabian Delph it would seem from reports that when we want a player... we make an offer to slap cash in the selling club's bank account immediately. The cash payment being refundable only if the deal falls through.

In Bent's case I'd heard this cash payment was £10M!!.... the rest on instalments, as is the norm in football.

However Gazton who is a little shall we say ITK posted that in Bent's case £5M of the £10M was NON Refundable... so even if Bent had failed

medical or the deal had fallen through SAFC would have been £5M better off. No wonder they couldn't resist accepting the bid and letting

him talk to us.

Not sure if we did the same non refundable bit for Young or Delph but I defintely have heard big upfront payments were made.

In the case of Downing I understand Boro actually turned down a sell on clause being inserted in the sale contract in favour of a bigger upfront

cash payment. Probably a bit pig sick now!!

As with Ashley Young and Fabian Delph it would seem from reports that when we want a player... we make an offer to slap cash in the selling club's bank account immediately. The cash payment being refundable only if the deal falls through.

In Bent's case I'd heard this cash payment was £10M!!.... the rest on instalments, as is the norm in football.

However Gazton who is a little shall we say ITK posted that in Bent's case £5M of the £10M was NON Refundable... so even if Bent had failed

medical or the deal had fallen through SAFC would have been £5M better off. No wonder they couldn't resist accepting the bid and letting

him talk to us.

Not sure if we did the same non refundable bit for Young or Delph but I defintely have heard big upfront payments were made.

In the case of Downing I understand Boro actually turned down a sell on clause being inserted in the sale contract in favour of a bigger upfront

If this truely is how we do business, can I just say... TRANSFER GENIUS :hooray:

Fudging awesome.

If this truely is how we do business, can I just say... TRANSFER GENIUS

Fudging awesome.

Reading between the lines... I think this has more to do with Randy Lerner learning a hard lesson about the depths of PL football slimeball mentality when MON tried to sign James Milner off NUFC, which was one of the first deals he had experience of handling in English football... and Freddie Shepherd pulled the plug on the deal when he was about to undertake the medical at BMH.

For a legally binding contract to be in force there has to be OFFER, ACCEPTANCE and also CONSIDERATION.

The consideration being paid into a selling club's bank account makes the acceptance of an offer a legally binding contract between the two parties.

so it's more difficult for the selling club to simply change their mind on a whim.

Gary Mac didn't just publically state that Aston Villa are a top class club for nothing!

him talk to us.

:crylaugh:

N'Zogbia is always played well against us but he does suffer form the 'hole' syndrome. He has always looked more dangerous when he has moved inside behind the front striker.

I guess he's probably the best we can find at the moment but he is nowhere near as good a passer or crosser of a ball as Downing.

I wonder how long it will be before he and Ireland fall out !!!

Explain "goes wrong"

A player fails a medical or doesn't agree terms, for example.

Then the money is refunded surely - yes the board have made mistakes, but they're not THAT stupid.

Think it as a guarantee of exclusivity - we credit the money to your account. You bank the interest now. Only we get the right to talk to the player whilst you have our money. Deal goes belly up, we get the cash sum back, you keep the interest, deal goes through, consider yourselves already paid.

Very clever - stops other clubs jumping in with more cash at the last minute.