SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Come on Charlie sign on the dotted line! Get the number 10 shirt on your back and work your magic. If you'd told me this time last year we'd have Bent and N'Zogbia playing for us I wouldn't have believed you. Great business by the Villa! Might have to get home and away shirts as I'm torn between getting N'Zogbia or Bent on the back! Looking forward to these 2 linking up, think they'll work well! UTV!

We've allegedly agreed a fee of £9.5m.

I think it is a bit stronger than allegedly because Kendrick whose been at the Kit launch with the club today has obviously had official confirmation as he's just tweeted

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

As reported in this morning's Brum Mail, N'Zogbia deal has been struck. Now it is a matter of personal terms/medical #avfc

Yeah Mat Kendrick has had it confirmed from Villa end now.

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

@loweyvillan Since Mail tale, fee has been agreed (confirmed). CNZ not signed yet - until medical/personal terms agreed

Well I hope we get this nailed on ASAP.

I dont think we'd find better for the money and to be honest I'd probably rather have him than Downing anyhoo - bonus that we get 10million too though i'm not sure we'll invest it in further signings :-(

Wait, this isn't true though is it?

Villa were close to valuation before hand, only club currently in for N'Zogbia, only club with the money to do so and reportedly agreed fee in few media outlets past day or so ....

but wait we should look at 'the truth that's smacking us right in the face'

Everton might sell one of their players and then fund a move for N'Zogbia and obviously sign him because chances of us signing him are less and less likely ...

:lol:

Wigan fans with their "but they are only 6 points ahead of us...."

That's like the Sunderland fans moaning that they were miles above us when we took their best player.

How did the table finish lads? :crylaugh:

Let's hope his wages aren't a problem for the club...

When was the last time wages were a problem after having a fee agreed?

I can't think of any examples during the Lerner era.

Anybody?

None that I'm aware of, however...

I'm not saying wages will be a problem BUT as RL, PF and AM will know how the forthcoming UEFA restrictions will affect the structure of the club, I can't imagine them saying "name your price" (as it seemed with a few of MON's signings).

Provided CNZ doesn't take the p!ss with his demands, it's looking good! 8)

Actually there is a recent nealry signing. Fofana from Le Harve in Jabuary. We had him in for talks after a deal was agreed, then it went tits skywards due to wage demands.

I think that was a case of him being too greedy rather than us not being able to afford his wages. Well I hope so anyway.

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6622281,00.html

Never mind, we got Makoun instead!