SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Its unbelievable to think that we are on the verge of signing a quality player who scores and creates goals that will balance and compliment the side and for half the price of a very similar level player and yet some still find something to moan or be negative about.

Because we sold 2 wingers this summer and we need 2 wingers as replacements Albrighton isn't ready for a full season yet he's still maturing as a player and should be rotated ill be happy should we bring another in as a replacement for Downing otherwise its just typical villa a step backwards

I'm more happy than i was now were getting him and stumped up another 500k to do it but still worried about next season

can we just be happy we've got a freakin good player!!

Anyway.. SSN just said that hes joining the lads in HK? yet Mail said hes going to train with reserves? Even if he cant play.. surely it would be ideal to send him out to bond with his new team mates?

9.5m well done villa.

Not for the want of being negative in the face of good news, but I'd actually say the club have handled this deal atrociously. If anything, we should be paying £500k less than the fee accepted in January, not £500k more. At least it looks like it's getting done. I hope he isn't the only winger to arrive, but I've a feeling he will be.

I absolutely agree with that

9.5m well done villa.

Not for the want of being negative in the face of good news, but I'd actually say the club have handled this deal atrociously. If anything, we should be paying £500k less than the fee accepted in January, not £500k more. At least it looks like it's getting done. I hope he isn't the only winger to arrive, but I've a feeling he will be.

Gareth & Richard now officially join the VT Grumpy Old Men league!!

9.5m well done villa.

I wouldn't disagree with that, but at the same time I think he's worth more than 10m aswell......in today's market, compared with other transfers this Summer I'd value him nearer to 15/16m. So I still think we've signed a bloody good player at a decent price.

Damn it Richard, don't agree with me or I'll get tarnished with the negative-Nancy brush by proxy! :)
Gareth & Richard now officially join the VT Grumpy Old Men league!!

GODDAMNIT! Smiley_ShakeFist.gif

DW must have cracked. 9.5m well done villa.
Hang on, we offered 9M. He wanted more. How has he cracked? He got more

Because he wanted £10m?

He wanted more than we originally bid. He got more.

It's like Villa "wanting 50M for Downing" or wanting "silly money" and then getting 20M. Is that well done Villa too then? Or perhaps well done plop for not putting up with Villa and saving £30M ?

I think you're trying too hard Richard. I really dont know what happened to you.

Eh?

I am just explaining why I do not buy the "well done Villa for not giving in" rubbish when in actual fact it is not that straightforward.

As for "not knowing what happened to you" perhaps you should talk about the topic not the person Maz, but just to let you know the fact that I am not buying the bullshit, PR, spin and general whitewash from the club and like to see things in reality does not mean anything has happened to me.

DW must have cracked. 9.5m well done villa.
Hang on, we offered 9M. He wanted more. How has he cracked? He got more

Because he wanted £10m?

He wanted more than we originally bid. He got more.

It's like Villa "wanting 50M for Downing" or wanting "silly money" and then getting 20M. Is that well done Villa too then? Or perhaps well done plop for not putting up with Villa and saving £30M ?

I think you're trying too hard Richard. I really dont know what happened to you.

Eh?

I am just explaining why I do not buy the "well done Villa for not giving in" rubbish when in actual fact it is not that straightforward.

As for "not knowing what happened to you" perhaps you should talk about the topic not the person Maz, but just to let you know the fact that I am not buying the bullshit, PR, spin and general whitewash from the club and like to see things in reality does not mean anything has happened to me.

FFS let it go...move on...forget about it!

9.5m well done villa.

I wouldn't disagree with that, but at the same time I think he's worth more than 10m aswell......in today's market, compared with other transfers this Summer I'd value him nearer to 15/16m. So I still think we've signed a bloody good player at a decent price.

I'd probably agree with that (he'd have to be worth more as he is replacing two players by the way ;-) ) but what I do not buy is the "well done Villa for playing hardball" rubbish

Pleased we finally got this done.

I'd say he is a different player to both Young and Downing who will bring us more in some areas and less in others. Overall seeing as he is much cheaper think we have done some good business. AS LONG AS AM GETS THE REST OF THE MONEY TO SPEND

Positives

- He is stronger than both Ash and Downing

- He is more skillful than both/more likely to go past his man rather than just make a yard

- Fits better into a top three

Negatives

- Not as good a football brain/might frustrate us as much as he entertains us

- Passing and awareness not as strong

Exactly its not that straight forward just like its not the straight forward to offer £9m and it gets accepted. Also their was no pr and spin that you mention that came from us, everything came from Whelan.