SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Why?

I think you are are forgetting that Albrighton is a far more experienced, and therefore stronger player than the kid whom broke into the team last term. What do you think they have been doing with him at Bodymoor over the last 12 monthes?

"Here Mark, just put your feet up and relax on this Xbox. We want to keep you as skinny and weak as possible, so all the Villa Talk forumettes, can have a moan" :lol:

Now im in full agreement that the squad is wafer thin, but just because we sell a player, we dont have to bring in another like for like, when we already have him at the club.

Eck likes his teams to be compact, therefore the tactical side of our play will be different to last season, with a couple of different players brought in to enable us to do that.

Zoggy for instance is not "like for like" to Downing, nor Young. His game is completely different, as he likes cutting inside instead of going to the byline, as does Albrighton on the right.

With Warnock and Young behind them, and hopefully somebody like Parker holding the middle with Makoun/Delph, then we will be more compact.

All this Albrighton is not up to the task is complete cobblers. Just when will he be ready? At what magical age does he have to reach?

We need a left back as cover, a holding Midfielder, and a more mobile CB as priorities in my book, and i think we will get them, despite the hogwash the club are coming out with :winkold:

Whether thats enough, well we have to see, but dont forget, Eck usually uses the January window, so money will be held back for that. By then, he will know who cuts the mustard, and where to spend it.

Can't see any snags myself. Considering the effort thats gone in to this, I reckon there won't be many hurdles to get over.

Adds a completely new dimension to the team, where I felt that Downing was possibly playing at his top level. The Zog could be better.

Let's hope his wages aren't a problem for the club...

When was the last time wages were a problem after having a fee agreed?

I can't think of any examples during the Lerner era.

Anybody?

Villa get N'Zogbia for £9.5m to replace £20m Downing. PL 10/11: N'Zogbia 32 games, 9 goals, 5 assists. Downing 38 games, 7 goals, 7 assists

Says it all. N'Zogbia is clearly the better player. Younger too.

Like i said...im excited :P

It is definitely sorted the fee at least of £9.5M both clubs compromised.

Just the personal terms and medical to sort.

SSN reporter has spoken to Dave Whelan this morning and the fee has agreed & they were in the process of giving N'Zogbia

permission to talk to Villa

Whelan wants the deal to go throughASAP so that Martinez has dosh available to spend on transfers

:hooray:

Gareth you're often spot on with your posts but not this time (imo of course).

Please do not read any of my contributions to the Michael Bradley topic. I would hate for this veil of illusion to be torn asunder. :lol:

If we had bought N'zogbia before Downing was sold Liverpool would probably not have stumped up 20 Million for Downing. It would have seemed likely to them that a bid of approximately 17/18 Million with a final agreement of 19 Million after negotiations would have got the deal done.

Perhaps, I'd like that we could have had it both ways but I'm (usually) a hopeless optimist.

Julie won't believe this, but I've actually got some reports to do so I'm shooting off for a bit now. :)

Let's hope his wages aren't a problem for the club...

When was the last time wages were a problem after having a fee agreed?

I can't think of any examples during the Lerner era.

Anybody?

None that I'm aware of, however...

I'm not saying wages will be a problem BUT as RL, PF and AM will know how the forthcoming UEFA restrictions will affect the structure of the club, I can't imagine them saying "name your price" (as it seemed with a few of MON's signings).

Provided CNZ doesn't take the p!ss with his demands, it's looking good! 8)

Julie won't believe this, but I've actually got some reports to do so I'm shooting off for a bit now

That's actually more newsworthy than us agreeing a fee for Charles N'Zogbia!

Sky Sports Sources understands ....

I'm excited about this bit of news! Zog is the most important missing piece of the Villa jigsaw imo. We should be a handful with the likes of Zog, Makoun, Gabby, Delph and Albrighton buzzing about under the watchful eye of Uncle Petrov. Bent's going to grab a bucket full of goals this season! :D