SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Yep well played Villa, Whelan looks a muppet for constantly spouting off that the fee is £10m and nothing less and i'm glad the board dont listen some impatient fans as this has just saved us 500k.
Saved 500K by costing 500K more than we bid?

Over 200 pages about a Wigan winger who isnt as good as who he is replacing. How times have changed at the Villa :(

If you see him as replacing Young I agree with you. If you see him as replacing Downing I think you're way off. Although I do like Downing.

Fingers crossed this happens.

Yep well played Villa, Whelan looks a muppet for constantly spouting off that the fee is £10m and nothing less and i'm glad the board dont listen some impatient fans as this has just saved us 500k.

Saved 500k by not bidding the £10m he asked for but yeah look at it the way you want to.

DW must have cracked. 9.5m well done villa.
Hang on, we offered 9M. He wanted more. How has he cracked? He got more

Because he wanted £10m?

He wanted more than we originally bid. He got more.

It's like Villa "wanting 50M for Downing" or wanting "silly money" and then getting 20M. Is that well done Villa too then? Or perhaps well done plop for not putting up with Villa and saving £30M ?

9.5m well done villa.

Not for the want of being negative in the face of good news, but I'd actually say the club have handled this deal atrociously. If anything, we should be paying £500k less than the fee accepted in January, not £500k more. At least it looks like it's getting done. I hope he isn't the only winger to arrive, but I've a feeling he will be.

Saved 500k by not bidding the £10m he asked for but yeah look at it the way you want to.

I'm looking at it at we have had a bid accepted at 9.5M for a player we desperately need to cover one of the positions we have lost an excellent player in so far, so it is a player we need.

I am not looking at it at "well done Villa for playing hardball and saving 500K " as some fans are because for me the fannying about over 500K could have cost us this player and at the end of the day the owner of Wigan has got more money so well done him for bargaining actually

Its unbelievable to think that we are on the verge of signing a quality player who scores and creates goals that will balance and compliment the side and for half the price of a very similar level player and yet some still find something to moan or be negative about.

Its unbelievable to think that we are on the verge of signing a quality player who scores and creates goals that will balance and compliment the side and for half the price of a very similar level player and yet some still find something to moan or be negative about.

Yeah but VT wouldn't be complete without the moaning!!

It's so hilarious... it's like watching a very long episode of Grumpy Old Men...except that many aren't that old!!

DW must have cracked. 9.5m well done villa.
Hang on, we offered 9M. He wanted more. How has he cracked? He got more

Because he wanted £10m?

He wanted more than we originally bid. He got more.

It's like Villa "wanting 50M for Downing" or wanting "silly money" and then getting 20M. Is that well done Villa too then? Or perhaps well done plop for not putting up with Villa and saving £30M ?

I think you're trying too hard Richard. I really dont know what happened to you.

Whelan wanted "not a penny less than £10m" and if the story is true, he's got half a million pounds less than £10m. And considering N'Zogbia is a better player than Downing (at least I think so), it's a good deal.

I dont recall Villa coming out and claiming that they want "not a penny less than £50m" for Downing. And who would argue £20m is good money for Downing? Our price was met, Whelan's possibly hasn't. So forgive the odd fan who might point that out.

Are you happy we look like signing him by the way?