SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Zog i sgoing to strike and not train. nice

Next year if he's The Villains he'll strike'cause he'll want to play CL football and Liverplop will need someone on the wing, because another winger was a transfer flop.

If anything is going to happen then surely today is it. As amc said last night he would like him on the plane for saturday but if not then i dont think it will be done till after asia tour. Unfortunately

My sense is, and I hope I'm wrong, is that this deal is dead in the water. Whelan want more because he thinks we will pay it and we won't as we appparently agreed a price of £9m.

Cue Everton stepping in and signing him in a couple of weeks time, probably for the original £9m with Whelan making a big fuss in the media about getting the price he wanted, having using the £16m plus they got for Jakielka to buy Zog plus some up and coming centreback.

do we know if Charlie has submitted a transfer request?

I wondered whether that was in Whelan's plan as well. But why should he?

Whelan publically touted him for sale in the papers a couple of weeks ago.

The thing is though that McLeish will know exactly what SHA's bid was previously that WAS acceptable for the player and no doubt THAT was the bid AVFC submitted to Wigan.

So I think it would stick in my claw if now, just because I worked for another employer the price had suddenly been bumped up.

Unfortunately I think this one is stuck at a bit of a stalemate. We've bid what we think is the appropriate price given Wigan's valuation of the player and the goalposts have been moved.

On one side you have Villa who know the value of the player and know how much is a fair price but are unwilling to budge on that price.

On the other hand you have an owner who, in my opinion, would happily cut of his nose to spite his face. He conducts all his business in public so will not back down over this.

Don't expect this to be resolved any time soon. It's the irresistible force (Villa) meets the immovable object (Whelan).

My sense is, and I hope I'm wrong, is that this deal is dead in the water. Whelan want more because he thinks we will pay it and we won't as we appparently agreed a price of £9m.

Cue Everton stepping in and signing him in a couple of weeks time, probably for the original £9m with Whelan making a big fuss in the media about getting the price he wanted, having using the £16m plus they got for Jakielka to buy Zog plus some up and coming centreback.

I sincerely hope this is'nt the case, though it does have that feeling about it. I don't like the way either side are handling the situation tbh, but what can you do when both corners won't budge over a small amount in transfer terms?

The Sunderland rumours/interest did'nt really bother me because they're a much of a nothing club. But Everton is a different matter altogether. AM really must have his hands tied over this, as I don't think he would waste any more time in signing the player.

Lets hope we're wrong.

do we know if Charlie has submitted a transfer request?

I wondered whether that was in Whelan's plan as well. But why should he?

Whelan publically touted him for sale in the papers a couple of weeks ago.

The thing is though that McLeish will know exactly what SHA's bid was previously that WAS acceptable for the player and no doubt THAT was the bid AVFC submitted to Wigan.

So I think it would stick in my claw if now, just because I worked for another employer the price had suddenly been bumped up.

I suppose that there are two arguments for bumping up his price:

1. He looked a really good player in the latter half of last season

2. The market pricing seems to have been adjusted upwards by Plop

But on the counter argument side, the Zog has 6 months less on his contract.

Whether this nets out to leaving the price at the same level is very subjective. He is their player and its up to them to price him how they want, just as we did with DJ.

For me, I don't blame Wigan for asking for £10m. In the context of Young and Downing's moves this looks fair value??

I'd say the reasoning behind his price going up Julie is the fact Whelan has seen what players have gone for during this window, including two players from Aston Villa, and come to the conclusion 9 mill is now not enough.

Maybe we should have gone in for him before selling the two wingers we had, which by doing so at the time we did, set a bench mark for wingers in this window especially when you consider one of them also only had a year left on his contract.

I don't have any problem with Whelan trying to get the best price for his player. In fact if I was a Wigan fan I'd be thinking fair play to him and applauding his stance.

Yeah, can't really see this happening now. If he goes this window it will be to some other team, maybe Everton, where Whelan can argue that he was more comfortable accepting £9m since they got less for Jagielka than we got for Young + Downing. It also gives him a way out and enables him to say he had to accept the Everton offer since Zog might go for free next year.

But then again he might honestly think that Zog is the difference between staying up and going down and will happily let him go for nothing after another relegation avoiding season. Who knows. I just have this strong feeling that we will never see N'Zogbia in a Villa shirt.

N'Zogbia's agreed price to sha last year has little relevance to his price to us now. The club N'Zogbia is registered to has the right to demand the price they want, as much as any other club has the right not to pay that price and not buy the player.

However -

IF Whelan verbally agreed a £9m deal with AM and/or PF early this summer but has then had a late change of mind, it does not reflect well on him. So much for the right way to do football business!

IF this deal is like that, consider this:

You see my car advertised, ring me up and agree to pay the £9000 asking price.

On your arrival to collect the car, I note that you're dressed well and wearing good shoes and a nice watch.

You really like the car which appears exactly as advertised.

You produce the £9000 to purchase my car but I say "Give me £10000 and you can have it."

What do you think and what do you do?

So..

Birmingham (under McLeish) bid 9m for N'Zogbia. It's accepted, but for reasons I forget the deal doesn't go ahead.

Aston Villa (under McLeish) bid 9m for N'Zobgbia. It's rejected.

Wigan say they now want 10m.

Aston Villa bid 10m for N'Zogbia. It's rejected.

Wigan say they now want more than 10m.

If we had money in the bank we should have got this done before the Downing deal went through. Wigan know we have 20m from Downing deal and N'Zogbia is pretty much our only hope in replacing him.

Messy from Villa, against the spirit of football from Wigan.

Guess were not the only ones.

@SunDeanScoggins N'Zogbia saga in confectionary form. I'm sellin for a certain price ur willing to pay, now I want more!

That was my tweet to Dean!. He retweeted it...It was the fudge picture Makoun's Jumper tweeted it a few days ago.

>

So..

Birmingham (under McLeish) bid 9m for N'Zogbia. It's accepted, but for reasons I forget the deal doesn't go ahead.

Aston Villa (under McLeish) bid 9m for N'Zobgbia. It's rejected.

Wigan say they now want 10m.

Aston Villa bid 10m for N'Zogbia. It's rejected.

Wigan say they now want more than 10m.

If we had money in the bank we should have got this done before the Downing deal went through. Wigan know we have 20m from Downing deal and N'Zogbia is pretty much our only hope in replacing him.

Messy from Villa, against the spirit of football from Wigan.

Time to be walking away from this I think.

Whos got the number for Vargas' agent? :)