SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Hopefully Nzogbia won't fly out with the rest of the Wigan team today

im sure DW said he expects nzogbia to be flying out with wigan but if Amc isnt flying with our squad then maybe a deal can still be struck before out first game in asia

I understand negotiating but honestly does any not think it would be more beneficial to have the signing on the plane than play hard ball over £1m?

me.

i would rather we play hardball and save £1,000,000, which could be used on other players.

I understand negotiating but honestly does any not think it would be more beneficial to have the signing on the plane than play hard ball over £1m?

me.

i would rather we play hardball and save £1,000,000, which could be used on other players.

I'd like to know what sort of player is available at £1 million that could improve even our matchday squad of 18.

Yes. Definitely.

Especially if Everton sell to Arsenal in the next few days!

From being very positive about N'Zogbia coming to us i'm now ready to throw darts at our board.

That's what a dart board is for surely? :winkold:

we've just recieved 30 million ffs, if this is really taking so long over 1 million then its a joke. And as for playing hardball over 1 million firstly, who are we going to get with that extra million? and secondly , say this does fall through, what winger of n'zogbias ability will we get for that price?

me.

I'd like to know what sort of player is available at £1 million that could improve even our matchday squad of 18.

Wasn't 1 mill the transfer fee for Shaun Maloney? I know he lasted all of a year, but was a capable player when he got on the pitch, and a player of his ilk would certainly be welcome around Villa Park.

Emile's hay, bedding and shoes are not cheap anymore.

Seriously, if we save £1m thats equivelant to 20k per week wages saved - thus that can be used elsewhere.

But, dont know why I am making a case for it, coz I say just pay it

me.

Wasn't 1 mill the transfer fee for Shaun Maloney? I know he lasted all of a year, but was a capable player when he got on the pitch, and a player of his ilk would certainly be welcome around Villa Park.

im with this! although he was in the last 6 months of his contract

I think both clubs are working to sort this out behind the scenes... Like Mat Kendrick tweeted

'MatKendrick

Said it before, if Villa want him enough and Wigan want to sell him enough the deal will get done. Stating the bleedNzogbvious @AVFC_Meakin

BTW Hats off to the sports journos like Tim Abraham, Mat, Peter Lansley, Henry Winter & Dean Scoggins + Villa Mat from Talksport for

taking time out to chat to all the Villa fans. Whatever anyone says about twitter it's two way thingy.

I would just pay it personally, the extra time he would get with the squad is valuable during pre season, so he doesn't have to get settled in during the season. But at the same time I can see that £1m may not seem like a lot of money in football but it's still Randy's money, £1m to anyone is alot of money if you look at it personally. Yes we may have sold Young and Downing so have £36-37m more than we had a month or so ago but people forget that we did spend alot on Bent and also signed Makoun, so he may be using that money to cover those transfers. Hopefully it gets wrapped up soon though, would hate someone else to get him as he is quality.

me.

Personally, I'd rather not jepordise the transfer of N'Zogbia to get someone like Shaun Maloney who is about as good as it's ever going to get for £1 million.

we've just recieved 30 million ffs, if this is really taking so long over 1 million then its a joke. And as for playing hardball over 1 million firstly, who are we going to get with that extra million? and secondly , say this does fall through, what winger of n'zogbias ability will we get for that price?

We've got to be tough in negotiating the right purchase price, and then we've got to be tough in negotiating a suitable wage for N'zogbia.

ie .... 9 million + £60,000 pw x 4 years = £21,480,000

10 million + £75,000 pw x 4 years = £25,600,000

The difference between negotiating sensibly and giving in is at least 4 MILLION PLUS of Randy's own money.

We've got to be tough in negotiating the right purchase price, and then we've got to be tough in negotiating a suitable wage for N'zogbia.

ie .... 9 million + £60,000 pw x 4 years = £21,480,000

10 million + £75,000 pw x 4 years = £25,600,000

The difference between negotiating sensibly and giving in is at least 4 MILLION PLUS of Randy's own money.

Personal terms would be a formality. The agent will know what the player is going to get way before any fee was agreed with the club. So the only variable is the transfer fee.

Out of principle I would stay at £9m though. No one else will pay more or give him the wages we will have already offered via his agent.

me.

I saw wee Shaun play for Celtic a few weeks back against Perth Glory, all I can say is thank god he is no longer at VP!

We wouldn't pay a penny more than the 9m offered if it were up to me, as I believe we should never be mugged by any club.

Move on to plan B.

People saying who would we get for 1million i think are looking at it wrong. Its where you put the extra million. Say we had 20 million to spend for 3 players and you've set 9million for nzogbia then 8million for say Parker and 3million for hutton (these are examples) then the one million that gets added on to the nzogbia fee means you have 1 million less for either parker or hutton therefore making all 3 transfers less possible and having to go after a plan B or C somewhere else that's why im guessing they are haggling

People saying who would we get for 1million i think are looking at it wrong. Its where you put the extra million. Say we had 20 million to spend for 3 players and you've set 9million for nzogbia then 8million for say Parker and 3million for hutton (these are examples) then the one million that gets added on to the nzogbia fee means you have 1 million less for either parker or hutton therefore making all 3 transfers less possible and having to go after a plan B or C somewhere else that's why im guessing they are haggling

Except we've been told only one more major transfer.

what if Whelan says he wants £11 million

He wont. Hes publicly set the price. Even Whelan would find it hard to justify upping the price again.

The fee is 10m. Not going to change now.

Hypothetically then. What happens if we then says £11m publically? Do we just go another £1m higher?