SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

By the way, I can understand N'Zogbia's price going up a million. In January there was a chance Wigan would go down, and then the price for N'Zogbia would plummet. Now they're guaranteed Premiership football for another season it's fair the price has increased. I don't think this "9 is not enough now" is anything to do with our finances or our club's position - it's purely that N'Zogbia's value has raised in those 6 months.

the thing is i think 10m is reasonable price tag for him

I agree. We are still getting a very good player on the (relatively speaking) cheap. Just pay it ffs.

It would be nice if we got this sorted today so that N'Zog can join the rest of lads in Hong Kong. Hopefully we will see some developments today.

You see my car advertised, ring me up and agree to pay the £9000 asking price.

On your arrival to collect the car, I note that you're dressed well and wearing good shoes and a nice watch.

You really like the car which appears exactly as advertised.

You produce the £9000 to purchase my car but I say "Give me £10000 and you can have it."

What do you think and what do you do?

Well if since verbally agreeing the price you'd seen me sell two similar cars for 110% and 80% more than yours was going for I'd say you'd then be perfectly with in your rights to give me a bell before I came to pick your motor up and said the market has changed, as you well know, and I'd like a little more for my motor. It also wouldn't help that I'd let myself in desperate need of your car as I was currently left having to get the bus. :lol:

Wigan say they now want 10m.

Aston Villa bid 10m for N'Zogbia. It's rejected.

Wigan say they now want more than 10m.

when did Villa have a 10m bid rejected ?

the last i heard Whelan said 10m was the price

and it has to be said, it seems more than a fair one based on this summers transfer fees

Maybe we should have gone in for him before selling the two wingers we had, which by doing so at the time we did, set a bench mark for wingers in this window especially when you consider one of them also only had a year left on his contract.

Comparing the players who were/are in their final year of contract, I think the big difference between their values can be explained thus:

Ashley Young is generally regarded as the slightly better player;

Whilst they both suffer with inconsistency, Ashley Young has proven to be a more reliable player;

Significantly, it is well documented that English players command a significant premium over non-English players.

N'Zogbia's agreed price to sha last year has little relevance to his price to us now. The club N'Zogbia is registered to has the right to demand the price they want, as much as any other club has the right not to pay that price and not buy the player.

However -

IF Whelan verbally agreed a £9m deal with AM and/or PF early this summer but has then had a late change of mind, it does not reflect well on him. So much for the right way to do football business!

IF this deal is like that, consider this:

On your arrival to collect the car, I note that you're dressed well and wearing good shoes and a nice watch.

You produce the £9000 to purchase my car but I say "Give me £10000 and you can have it."

Personally I'd report Whelan to Ebay!

Time to be walking away from this I think.

Whos got the number for Vargas' agent? :)

ANGRY-MAN-PHONE.jpg

I think that's exactly what McLeish is doing.

"Come on lads on the bus for the airport...."See ya Dave...sorry I can't chat for longer...perhaps talk more when we get back."

Gareth have you done any work today?

Well if since verbally agreeing the price you'd seen me sell two similar cars for 110% and 80% more than yours was going for I'd say you'd then be perfectly with in your rights to give me a bell before I came to pick your motor up and said the market has changed, as you well know, and I'd like a little more for my motor. It also wouldn't help that I'd let myself in desperate need of your car as I was currently left having to get the bus. :lol:

I agree that the seller has every right to change their mind. My question was, what do you think and what do you do? I'd think the seller was a dick and go for a couple of pints knowing I could because I was using the bus!

Let's hope Whelan reads the Sun..

Dean Scoggins tweeted link earlier, so I'm guessing this is his article...

Charles N’Zogbia for nothing unless they deal with Aston Villa

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (1)

WIGAN face losing Charles N'Zogbia for NOTHING if they do not agree a fee with Aston Villa.

The winger is frustrated that having been told by chairman Dave Whelan he can leave for £9million, the Latics then rejected that offer from Villa. Whelan was then quoted as saying the price was £10m.

N'Zogbia, 25, will not enter talks over a new deal and will leave for free when his contract expires next summer.

Villa, who have money to spend, are digging their heels in.

They know full well that Sunderland, Everton and Newcastle are unable to match either the asking price or the player's £65,000-a-week wage demands.

Linky

By the way, I can understand N'Zogbia's price going up a million. In January there was a chance Wigan would go down, and then the price for N'Zogbia would plummet. Now they're guaranteed Premiership football for another season it's fair the price has increased. I don't think this "9 is not enough now" is anything to do with our finances or our club's position - it's purely that N'Zogbia's value has raised in those 6 months.

I don't know about that.

It is typically the other way around. Taking a key player mid season when they will struggle to replace him usually costs more.

The simple fact is that Whelan has seen we have cash and wants a bigger chunk of it.

Slight flaw in that and we've all been doing it, this fabled £9mil price tag Wigan accepted, it wasn't last January was it? I'm sure I read now that it was last August/ September when Wigan were in no danger whatsoever of being relegated (well any more than normal) and Nzog had 2 years left on his contract

Slight flaw in that and we've all been doing it, this fabled £9mil price tag Wigan accepted, it wasn't last January was it? I'm sure I read now that it was last August/ September when Wigan were in no danger whatsoever of being relegated (well any more than normal) and Nzog had 2 years left on his contract

You are right Bickster. Bid accepted in August.

Birmingham have offer for Charles N'Zogbia accepted by Wigan