SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

sit tight..im no fan of wigan chairman..zog is not intrested in staying at wigan as hes in his last year,just match any offer that any other club offers,everton are skint..sunderland are about spent so that leaves just us,.

How much did the Blues agree to buy him for? £9m? Whatever the figure AM would know. Presume as he was given permission to discuss personal terms with BCFC a price with WAFC had been agreed. I can not understand how he's worth more today than he was last year. If anything the price should be less, as he's only got 1 year left on the contract.

So the Villa should offer that price again, and not a penny more. Whelan is just being opportunistic as we're recently cash rich, and all these other clubs interested are Whelan trying to drive the price up.

The problem is Wigan know that we have just had £36m put into the bank, so they will try and cream it for as much as they can.

I think it will end up at about £12m. AM obviously rates him highly, im sure he also realises that we really really need him, so im positive a deal will be done.

Just asked my daughter's opinion on him. She reckons he's the poor man's Ashley Young. Now I'm even more depressed with the situation.
I agree with her for two reasons

1. If he was better than Ashley Young or possessed the same ability then he would be playing for champions league club already

2. Similarly to number one if he was better or had the same ability and given his contract has longer to run than Ashleys did he would be costing more money

You have ignored the increased cost of buying an English player.

Just asked my daughter's opinion on him. She reckons he's the poor man's Ashley Young. Now I'm even more depressed with the situation.

yeah but she's a woman, what does she know about football

No need for that comment really !!

Is that because it goes without saying?

Pathetic comments really!

How much did the Blues agree to buy him for? £9m? Whatever the figure AM would know. Presume as he was given permission to discuss personal terms with BCFC a price with WAFC had been agreed. I can not understand how he's worth more today than he was last year. If anything the price should be less, as he's only got 1 year left on the contract.

So the Villa should offer that price again, and not a penny more. Whelan is just being opportunistic as we're recently cash rich, and all these other clubs interested are Whelan trying to drive the price up.

very much this, AM will/should know what the transfer fee and the wage demands were last time, if they've now magically gone up by 20% bollocks to him

At least with MON you knew there was a chance of breaking top 4. Now we have no idea if we'll finish top half at this rate.

.....what the ****?

Cant really argue with that mate can you? The club was more stable under o'neill than I and MANY others can ever remember it being, with 3 consecutive finishes of 6th and really look like breaking the top 4 in 2 of them seasons.

Yes I know some people think he spunked a load of cash, but all the blame cant land at his feet, there must have been somebody sanctioning the deals. And I cant really remember ANY villa fans moaning when we brought the likes of Sidwell, Beye, etc etc. At the time everyone seemed happy that we were building a squad that could push us on those extra couple of places. I can also remember people moaning how long the deals took to go through, and if I remember rightly this was also chalked down as MON fault also. Funny hey!

And his point about us finishing in the top half at the moment is not far off in my opinion, where do you expect us to finish with how things stand at the moment?

just cant see what point you were trying to make with that comment.

Pathetic comments really!

Come on lad she may be a woman but that doesn't mean her comments are pathetic. I thought she had a point. Whatever happened to equality :lol:

At least with MON you knew there was a chance of breaking top 4. Now we have no idea if we'll finish top half at this rate.

.....what the ****?

Cant really argue with that mate can you? The club was more stable under o'neill than I and MANY others can ever remember it being, with 3 consecutive finishes of 6th and really look like breaking the top 4 in 2 of them seasons.

Yes I know some people think he spunked a load of cash, but all the blame cant land at his feet, there must have been somebody sanctioning the deals. And I cant really remember ANY villa fans moaning when we brought the likes of Sidwell, Beye, etc etc. At the time everyone seemed happy that we were building a squad that could push us on those extra couple of places. I can also remember people moaning how long the deals took to go through, and if I remember rightly this was also chalked down as MON fault also. Funny hey!

And his point about us finishing in the top half at the moment is not far off in my opinion, where do you expect us to finish with how things stand at the moment?

Not sure what any of that has to do with Charles N'Zogbia?

Well Wigan have already rejected 10m and there are a few clubs in for him.

What would your next move be if you were the Villa owner?

.....what the ****?

nothing mate, a bit like 50 other pages of this thread have nothing to do with N'Zogbia, every threaqd always leads to someone having to finger O'Neill for everthing.

I was just asking the guy to explain his "what the ****" comment. as to me it was a perfewctly valid point.

That ok?

Whelan smells blood here. He knows we now have the cash, and he also witnissed us spending 24m Bent last January. Dont forget that we tried to poach his manager, and dispite the nice public platitudes, i bet it irked him privately.

Thing is, if we would have offered 10 Million before selling Downing, would we be in this situation now?

.....what the ****?

nothing mate, a bit like 50 other pages of this thread have nothing to do with N'Zogbia, every threaqd always leads to someone having to finger O'Neill for everthing.

I was just asking the guy to explain his "what the ****" comment. as to me it was a perfewctly valid point.

That ok?

In an N'Zogbia thread, it's as unwelcome as the other 50 pages you referenced.

Me, personally, I'd walk away and move on to the next traget. If we show that we're not to be dicked about we may lose out on this target, but we'd gain far more from any other future targets.

Whelan knows that he has to sell this window, as he'd only get a pittance if he tries to sell him January. Call his bluff I say.

Newcastle and Sunderland have publicly pulled out and dont think Everton have the money for him unless they sell Baines