SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I have a feeling this one will go through soon, otherwise N'Zog will hand in a transfer request.

And I wonder if that's what Whelan is seeking. Charlie hands in a transfer request, no pay out. Whelan is a canny character and this wouldn't surprise me at all if it's the case.

And I wonder if that's what Whelan is seeking. Charlie hands in a transfer request, no pay out. Whelan is a canny character and this wouldn't surprise me at all if it's the case.

Can't blame him for trying to do the best for his club...but setting a fee of £9M then upping it cos Villa have sold Downing & Young is a bit naughty and not honest business practice neither.

The player only has one year left on his contract so surely a loyalty bonus payout isn't going to be that much in anycase. Also a bit naughty touting a player for sale in public as Whelan did and then expecting him to submit a transfer request.

If we don't get him in due to Whelan being a nob head I'll be pretty pissed and I imagine so would all parties concerned. I thought Whelan was one of the good guys but he just seems a tad smug of late. Anyway, if we dont get zog who could we go get for 10 - 12 mill and expect them to hit the ground running?!

If we don't get him in due to Whelan being a nob head I'll be pretty pissed and I imagine so would all parties concerned. I thought Whelan was one of the good guys but he just seems a tad smug of late. Anyway, if we dont get zog who could we go get for 10 - 12 mill and expect them to hit the ground running?!

Would make him a wee bit of hypocrit as well don't you think? After publically stating live on SSN that "If only the rest of football was as honest as Randly Lerner...it would make football alot easier bla bla......

Villa need to go cold on the deal IMO and be linked with signing alternatives. Whelan may then change his tune. I would imagine the player's representatives are furious because CNZ is not getting a proper pre-season

BTW a real genuine bit of ITK without resorting to any subtifuge and blackmail of friends & colleagues! Gateshead FC are at a summer training camp up in our village. They play in Black & white, so I thought the Bar Codes had moved in this morning, when I saw them all running up the road at 8am! I'll find out for sure if any are destined for B6!! :winkold:

an extra 2mill from the near £40mill we just made.

I'm not saying 'name your price' at all.

But to get a guy in that is equal if not better than a player you have just sold for near £20mill for £8mill profit I would still think that is a great deal.

If he were as good as young or downing.....maybe.....

But if he were why have Manu\Pool gone for downing/young and not Nzogbia ? .............

I'm not having a dig mate but on this logic does that make Carroll better than Bent? After all, L'pool went for him and not Bent.

I think we snapped up bent that quickly before liverpool knew he was available - and if recall they hadn't sold torres at the time - so couldn't have gone for him. - and if course they are different types of player - Carrol big target man, bent fox in the box......

The Times report flies in the face of the other paper report that he wants to go to Everton!!

If the player wanted to go to Everton, why retweet something from a NUFC fan asking him if he's joining Villa & wishing him all the best?

Mat Kendrick, if you read his tweets tonight.... seems to be alluding to the fact that Villa were told the price was £9M for CNZ but then found out it had in fact risen.

Who knows though? Sounds like the Times & B'Ham Mail maybe more accurate.

Also that piece in the Mirror saying we'd given CNZ an ultimatum about his wage demands sounds a bit suspect also. Surely we ain't held talks yet?!!!

Would make him a wee bit of hypocrit as well don't you think? After publically stating live on SSN that "If only the rest of football was as honest as Randly Lerner...it would make football alot easier bla bla......

Villa need to go cold on the deal IMO and be linked with signing alternatives. Whelan may then change his tune. I would imagine the player's representatives are furious because CNZ is not getting a proper pre-season

BTW a real genuine bit of ITK without resorting to any subtifuge and blackmail of friends & colleagues! Gateshead FC are at a summer training camp up in our village. They play in Black & white, so I thought the Bar Codes had moved in this morning, when I saw them all running up the road at 8am! I'll find out for sure if any are destined for B6!! :winkold:

Yep, it would make him look a bit daft, maybe we should go cold for now, I think DW could do with a bit of humility at the moment. Although on the other hand I wouldnt want to lose out on the player. This is where Faulkner will earn a bit of respect in my eyes if he pulls this off, so I'll be watching intently how this one pans out and I'll hold PF completley responsible if it goes sour :lol: Although as the players reps have come out now, I'm hoping this will force DW's hand....

Gateshead FC the North Easts number one team I hear....

I hope you're right Julie. If he wants to come to us then I'm convinced Whelan is trying to get him to hand in a request so there's no pay off. Canny old bugger, but as you said earlier, can't blame him for trying it on. I hope this is done by Friday/Saturday before we fly off.

if thats the case we may as well just go for that vargas lad for £15m instead

nobody to blame here but the board. that bid shouldve been in and accepted long ago, we could still have waited for downing to go through before finalising it if we needed the money

You would think if Whelan did give Villa a price and he has upped the valuation that it would be in the best interests for all parties to get the deal tied up asap really. We get N'Zogbia for a good portion of pre season, N'Zogbia comes to a bigger football club (with all due respect), they get money in the back and a large amount of time to find a replacement.

I think Villa are playing the part of the desperate boy trying to pull the good looking girl, just need to cool off the interest a bit and when Whelan realises it is a good offer and there is noone else he will come running back!

(Hopefully)

nobody to blame here but the board. that bid shouldve been in and accepted long ago, we could still have waited for downing to go through before finalising it if we needed the money

Well I thought that but perhaps events were out of the boards hands on this one.... don't forget Whelan went public touting CNZ for sale when we

were supposed to have made an offer of £9M + add ons. I presume to get a higher bid.... If Whelan made noises that the bid would be accepted unless he got a better offer from another club then timing perhaps would have been out of our hands.