SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

All this drama could have been avoided if we just used the Young money, got N'Zogbia and then sold Downing.

Would you like a slice of lemon to go with your glass of hindsight?

I just hope N'Zogbia's representatives start the PR rolling on this one...to let everyone know what's happened. If this is all true of course.

Kendrick has promised to verify matters but this is starting to all add up now as to the correct sequence of events.

One option would be we could loan a player for 12 months ...wait till N'Zogbia's contract runs out next summer and pay a big fat zero for him,

asking to be kept informed of the situation in January window.

I just hope N'Zogbia's representatives start the PR rolling on this one...to let everyone know what's happened. If this is all true

of course.

One option would be we could loan a player for 12 months ...wait till N'Zogbia's contract runs out next summer and pay a big fat zero for him,

Except if N'Zogbia is on a free, I think there'd be so many teams looking at him.

I just hope N'Zogbia's representatives start the PR rolling on this one...to let everyone know what's happened. If this is all true

of course.

Except if N'Zogbia is on a free, I think there'd be so many teams looking at him.

Beat me to it.

of course.

I think our best chance of getting him in is right now. Let him go for nothing next summer and we'll have lots of competition. Hopefully, Charlies agent will come out and embarrass Whelan by letting the world know how underhand Wigan are being.

That's the risk.

He obviously wants to play for McLeish though because he wanted to come to Blues. When he didn't get his fee, Whelan apparently

told him to get on with it or rot in the reserves. Of course it was then rumoured that Zog's wage demands were to blame the deal falling through.

Can't see AM wanting to sign a greedy turd who'd scuppered the deal to sign him somehow can you?

I like N'Zogbia but i wouldn't pay £14m for him sorry.. i'd rather see someone like Shaqiri in for £8m or less (who will come for that price) granted he isn't proven in the premier league but i'm pretty sure he'll do well and would be a great signing.

So in January they accept a bid from SHA for him of around 9m, and now with less time on his contract he's suddenly worth more?

We should just turn round and tell them we'll pay what they accepted from SHA or we'll walk away.

I know Villa keep their dealings under the radar but after Whelan's Martinez, publicity stunt....

I really, really hope Villa allow the press to have a field day with this if what we've been told is true.

That's the risk.

He obviously wants to play for McLeish though because he wanted to come to Blues. When he didn't get his fee, Whelan apparently

told him to get on with it or rot in the reserves. Of course it was then rumoured that Zog's wage demands were to blame the deal falling through.

Can't see AM wanting to sign a greedy turd who'd scuppered the deal to sign him somehow can you?

Not really, he just wanted the money, if he wanted to play for McLeish, he'd have just moved there rather than demanding even more money.

I'm sure McLeish has worked in football long enough to know that agents and players will demand as much as they feel they can get. If McLeish likes him as a player, I doubt he cares that him/his agent want the best possible financial deal.

It's a risk we simply can't afford to take. N'Zogbia will move to the best opportunity or money. If he is on a free, I expect clubs bigger than us to go in for him, or at least similar size clubs which makes it risky. We should pay £10 million imo and get it done. We are desperate.

It's a risk we simply can't afford to take. N'Zogbia will move to the best opportunity or money. If he is on a free, I expect clubs bigger than us to go in for him, or at least similar size clubs which makes it risky. We should pay £10 million imo and get it done. We are desperate.

I'm sorry but if someone tells me the price is £9M + add ons & I offer to pay it especially as that was the bid accepted from SHA last January as The Don quite rightly says...... and then you're told ..oh sorry the price has now gone up to £14M??!!!

Only response I think I'd make is "NEXT!!!"

I'm sorry but if someone tells me the price is £9M + add ons & I offer to pay it especially as that was the bid accepted from SHA last January as The Don quite rightly says...... and then you're told ..oh sorry the price has now gone up to £14M??!!!

Only response I think I'd make is "NEXT!!!"

Well yes, that's why I said £10 million, wouldn't pay £14 million and don't think we would need too either.

The stand off is £1mil .. whelan saying we offered £9mil but he wants £10mil lol...

Wigan: N'Zogbia will only go for £10million

Published 23:00 18/07/11 By David Anderson

Dave Whelan has told Aston Villa to pay his £10million asking price for Charles N’Zogbia or the deal is off.

The Wigan owner claims Villa’s £9m offer is unacceptable, even though the winger has less than 12 months left on his Latics contract and has refused to sign a new one.

“It’s £10m or there is no deal,” said Whelan. “They offered us £9m and we refused it; firstly because we would like to keep Charles, and secondly because if he is to go, then we have to get the right price for him.

“Charles has played fantastically well in the last year and, with his pace and penetration, there’s no doubt in my mind that he is the finest left-winger in the Premier League.

“We owe him a lot, not least for his goal against West Ham that helped us stay up.

"If the right offer comes in, we would consider it, if it was in his best interests - but it has to be the right offer.”

So in January they accept a bid from SHA for him of around 9m

they also turned down a £12m bid in Jan from Newcastle ..guess only Whelan knows what goes on inside that mind of his

and there you go Julie, obviously don't know the in's and out's and with Whelan ....bloke loves to speak but if it's as simple as he states, just pay up.

Erm I was only repeating what the Times reporter has said on the interview on Talksport... listen to it yourself

Also read what Kendrick has written on twitter.

If it's £1M then I don't think there would be a problem at all.

The stand off is £1mil .. whelan saying we offered £9mil but he wants £10mil lol...

Wigan: N'Zogbia will only go for £10million

Published 23:00 18/07/11 By David Anderson

Dave Whelan has told Aston Villa to pay his £10million asking price for Charles N’Zogbia or the deal is off.

The Wigan owner claims Villa’s £9m offer is unacceptable, even though the winger has less than 12 months left on his Latics contract and has refused to sign a new one.

“It’s £10m or there is no deal,” said Whelan. “They offered us £9m and we refused it; firstly because we would like to keep Charles, and secondly because if he is to go, then we have to get the right price for him.

“Charles has played fantastically well in the last year and, with his pace and penetration, there’s no doubt in my mind that he is the finest left-winger in the Premier League.

“We owe him a lot, not least for his goal against West Ham that helped us stay up.

"If the right offer comes in, we would consider it, if it was in his best interests - but it has to be the right offer.”

Just pay the bloody £10m and get this done for Christ sake!