• Downing
    • A Young
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Ireland (for Bannan 72)
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 90)
    • Pires (for Hogg 90)

People who were saying how bad we were? What game were you watching? Granted...Dunne was shit....again...why isn't Cuellar playing FFS?! We battered them for the majority of that game, we just couldnt score! This was an ideal game for a battering ram to come on in. Friggin dissappointed, by the scenes you could see this was SHA's cup final!

I can't believe I've seen a Houllier out thread in the VT section. GROW THE **** UP, HOULLIER OUT I'VE NEVER READ SUCH SHITE IN MY LIFE. FICKLE IS NOT THE WORD. Do you people watch the game? We killed them, absolutely detonated the living daylight out of them. It was luck, that was all. There first goal was a sloppy foul and the second is just undescribable... Zigic dosen't deserve to be playing League 2 football. They are awful, we are worst for not putting them away.

New keeper and striker NOW!!

A pitch invasion for a 5th round Carling Cup win? Have mercy! It says it all.

Shouldn't that be resevred for promotion, avoiding relegation last game of the season, winning a tense semi-final/final. But a CC quarter final? Bloody hell. At least pretend you've got some class...

Fifth round, also known as a quarter final, in the league cup, the only **** chance we have of getting a trophy. Don't pretend tonight was a game that didn't matter, because it did.

I assume Houllier will get the blame for this and there will be calls for him to go BUT he cannot be to blame for individual mistakes being committed by the gruesome twosome at the back.

He can be blamed if they are making mistakes persistently whilst a more than adequate Spanish replacement sits in on the bench.

Agree with all the posts about the defence...it is total shit! It was the same on Saturday against Arsenal, we are leaking goals all over the place.

Friedal...time for a change, making errors almost every game. Should have saved the second goal.

Young....more intrested in going forward, lacks pace.

Dunne...£6m bargain last season but could not be more opposite this season. Total disaster, should be dropped and is the David James of central defenders ie, guaranteed a blunder every game.

Collins...lacks tactical awareness, a squad player not a first teamer. Bring back Carlos.

Warnock..this player just annoys me every game I see him play, caught out of position every game, makes rash challenges & like Dunne guaranteed a mistake every game. Also he thinks his world class as there is no competition for his position...a total joke!

Houllier got his work cut out, we are in danger of getting sucked into a relegation battle, loosing our best players and his comments in the press we need 2 players in January is a joke, we need at leas double that.

I just hope the players are hurting as much as the fans...somehow, I doubt it. No doubt Houllier will say we are unlucky, etc usual bull shit! He needs to admit we are going backwards & unless we invest big in January we will be lucky to get in the top 15!

L Young can **** off.

Collins can **** off.

Dunne can **** off.

Warnock can **** off.

A Young can **** off.

Just get the **** out of my football club you pieces of shit.

Apart from that clearance that gave the ball away which they scored from I thought Warnock played ok...I think it was him who cleared anyway...If not...I thought Warnock played ok still.

Luke Young had a nightmare, Collins made my heart skip a beat ever time he touched the ball...Dunne didn't play well either, but Collins was more to blame for the mistakes.

Ashley Young was being wasted wherever he was being played tonight.

Our football is pretty much like WBA under Mowbray. We pass the ball around nicely, 'playing football the proper way', but we're shit at the two things that matter, scoring goals, and stopping the opponent scoring goals. It's just absurd.

that pretty much sums it up

I assume Houllier will get the blame for this and there will be calls for him to go BUT he cannot be to blame for individual mistakes being committed by the gruesome twosome at the back.

I know you are a fan, but at what point does the manager take responsibility? He was playing them even when Cuellar was fit. I don't like him talking about players in the press but maybe he should address the matter of Dunne's huge behind rather than Gabby who still looks pretty quick to me.

We played pretty well all game, dominated and got unlucky with that deflection. They hardly had a kick and we looked a decent side.

Let's not let disappointment turn our football brains into mush. We're on a bad run and need a change of fortune, but since Houllier took over he hasn't had much of that

A wonder-strike from Macheda, a couple of deflections, etc and all these injuries.

No major problems and, despite everything, we're still a better side than last season.

Bit of common sense amidst the hysteria.

Dog and Duck were in our half 3 times in the entire game, Gabby and Young looked very sharp but we lack a cutting edge in front of goal. And if the FA have one testicle between them then their Stig of the Dump fans will have them thrown out of the tournament tomorrow

At least one new striker and at least one new centre half in January. And Cuellar in for Dunne immediately. O'Neill left us in the lurch and you can't legislate for the injuries. We will turn this around.

Richard Dunne has become a fat useless piece of shit and James Collins has turned into a dopey ginger clearing in the woods. Their dire form is a reason why we have been struggling of late, time for Cuellar to get back into the starting 11.

Only upside (aside from the young talent we are bringing through) is Gabby, who is just a beast against the scum and imo looks like a class act out there, his delivery is better than anyone on this team and he is the only one who can finish. That said hopefully we can get some games with him and Del starting together.

Ashley Young can **** off to spurs too if he demands to play in a free role off the striker because he is shit at it. He hasnt made one good decision whilst playing in that role, so tell him his place and put him back on the wing where he belongs, if he doesnt like it he can **** off and sit on Spurs bench for all i care. Stick someone in the side who will play for the team rather than their own interests.

Downing shit again, he is just a wet lettuce of a footballer, very soft and uninspiring.

Very depressing result. We created, and dominated in posession.

The key difference for me is defensive attitude. I remember when Collins and Dunne played their first match as a partnership against SHA last season. There were a number of occasions in that game when those players looked like they would die for the cause.

Part of the reason might be that both defenders had something to prove upon their arrival at villa (especially Dunne).

But this has to go down to motivation. How can our players not be motivated and in the right frame of mind for a game like this. Hopefully a positive can come from the ugly scenes at the end of the game; in that Houllier and co will realise how much this fixture means.

For the sake of peace, we have to beat scum, each and every time.

Â