Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I cant remember even a half decent performance, he's either been meh or anonymous. He is nothing special and pound for pound the worst signing the club has ever made.

players need momentum. cant ever really remember him stringing 2 or 3 games together either through injury or because of manager

He played 4 in a row earlier this season, Bolton in the cup then QPR, Wigan and Man. City.

Did he do enough in those games to show he was undroppable? No.

I've been a big defender of him in the last year, I think Houllier treated him really poorly and was hoping McLeish would give him more of a chance after bigging him up in pre season but even now I accept it's not going to work out for him here so we need to try to move him on A.S.A.P.

He played 4 in a row earlier this season, Bolton in the cup then QPR, Wigan and Man. City.

Did he do enough in those games to show he was undroppable? No.

in 2 games i saw he was very good in 2nd half at QPR and did well enough to get a warm reception vs Wigan.

I honestly cannot believe there are still people who think Ireland is going to come good - are you blind or something !.

18 months of taking the pee out of the Villa.

Before that - 18 months of warming the bench of Man City reserves !!!.

The kid had one good season and that was 4 years ago - the guy has an attitude problem big style. The guy has NO guts. Arsenal was the perfect example.

"Sorry boss, I'm feeling a bit wheezy, I can't run anymore !" - my arse !!!!. Christ almighty, we had a goalie breaking into tears every five minutes a few weeks ago because his best mate had died - and he carried on - but Ireland - "sorry, I've stubbed my toe - I can't walk anymore".

Just get him out of the club pronto !!!!

I presume the same people still think Stefan Moore is going to come good as well !!!

brilliant post ....its about time someone said it.

ps if there was a fans award for patience and endurance we would piss it by a mile.

Alex McLeish warns Stephen Ireland over Twitter hookah pipe photograph

• 'You don't want to be bringing attention to yourself'

• Villa manager wants midfielder to make impact on the pitch

But McLeish has said he will keep his thoughts on the incident private between himself and the player, although he admitted: "You don't want to be bringing attention to yourself." It is not something I want to be discussing in the newspapers. Was it a shisha pipe or something? I don't know what is in that stuff. For all I know he [ireland] could have been blowing bubbles into it or something.

"It is not my world, the way the players live nowadays, with the tweeting and posting pictures of themselves and that. Any opinion I have on that will be delivered to Stephen rather than discussing it in the newspapers."

http://tinyurl.com/c82as2q

Just as an aside when his two little kids play football they both wear Villa kits. Nice touch I suppose given that many dont think he likes the club and how often people moan about players not having any affiliation or pride with being at Villa.

Just as an aside when his two little kids play football they both wear Villa kits. Nice touch

Not being funny but they're probably playing in the Villa Academy / kiddies set up where everyone wheres a Villa kit

Funny thing is, as much as i'm dissapointed by Ireland and the fact he has been a waste of money, if he were to come on in any game, preferably against Chelsea and scuff a last minute goal off the post to win it I would go absolutley nuts...i'm talking serious endorphin time here. More so, than any other player, I guess I just love an underdog!

P.S. Get him to **** in Jan.

i couldn't give a monkeys what he smokes or drinks as long as he plays well for us to be honest. he's probably fuming at his bird for being such an idiot as to splatter him all over twitter like that. he played well against arsenal and if he plays to that level or better he's an asset.