Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pic is meaningless to me. He's having a good time relaxing with his bird, looks like a tool and doesn't give a shit. So what, more power to him.

If we'd got, say, Barton in, then the pic would be a blurry one through a cracked lens, of him rushing the camera with a raised fist/broken bottle/lit cigar.

I honestly cannot believe there are still people who think Ireland is going to come good - are you blind or something !.

18 months of taking the pee out of the Villa.

Before that - 18 months of warming the bench of Man City reserves !!!.

The kid had one good season and that was 4 years ago - the guy has an attitude problem big style. The guy has NO guts. Arsenal was the perfect example.

"Sorry boss, I'm feeling a bit wheezy, I can't run anymore !" - my arse !!!!. Christ almighty, we had a goalie breaking into tears every five minutes a few weeks ago because his best mate had died - and he carried on - but Ireland - "sorry, I've stubbed my toe - I can't walk anymore".

Just get him out of the club pronto !!!!

I presume the same people still think Stefan Moore is going to come good as well !!!

Absolute rubbish.

I actually hate Ireland more than Downing. At least Downing gave us one good season. Ireland is a disgrace to this club and to football.

yes sell him for a pittance, having someone with a bit of quality at Villa is the last thing we want, after all we've got cloggers such as Herd and Delph to help relegate us.

Ireland may not come good, he may not deserve to wear a villa shirt, he be a total prong who doesn't appreciate the career he has and is a few songs short of a broadway musical....... but we are:

a) Unlikely to bring any quality into the squad anytime soon

B) Unlikely to find Gary Gardener, Bannan, Johnson or any other youth player is enough to rejuvinate our midfield and help keep us from relegation.

Therefore clenching our teeth and putting blind faith and hope into one of the few players we have who is allegedly half decent - is all we have.

Our squad is weak, aside from a 3 or 4 players we have a side that would struggle in the championship on current form and ability, i don't like McCleish but i am not convinced many managers could do much better with the mix of promising youth, ageing cloggers, overpaid idiots not delivering and championship quality players we have presently.

I actually hate Ireland more than Downing. At least Downing gave us one good season. Ireland is a disgrace to this club and to football.

yes sell him for a pittance, having someone with a bit of quality at Villa is the last thing we want

It's not the last thing we want but they do inevitably leave to a bigger club within weeks of having a decent season.

We are a glorified feeder club and have been since Yorke left. Since him, every top player we have ever had has left at almost the first opportunity. The only one who hasnt is Laursen and his career was ended instead by injury such is our luck.

Ireland has had one good season in his career and hasnt come close to it since. Two managers have lost faith with him at this club alone. In any case, if Ireland miraculously does re-create his best form, he will off in the summer as well.

Is he the worst signing ever at Villa? Is he the first player to make Bosko Balaban look good? Villa’s own Winston Bogarde?

Yes he is.

I am concentrating my support on Bannan, Gardner and other youngsters, Ireland to me is just a leech.