Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to let Ireland start a game at least. I do believe now he will put some effort in and bring us a little creativity in midfield. To start him against Hereford and not a premier league side now is even for him, taking the piss. From now on i dont think he can be judged unless he has a full game.

Don't know if he's still got it, but if SI can be the player we thought we signed it will make all the difference.

In fact his crapness since he joined us is ultimately one of the biggest factors in our decline over the last year, seeing as he was supposed to replace a midfielder who started every game and provided energy and creativity.

I was screaming at Gabby to flick/lob the ball through to Ireland in the build up to our second goal, but Gabby just didn't see it. We scored anyway so happy days. If Ireland had been playing for a top 4 club, that ball would have came and he's through to bury it. There lies the problem we have, he's on a higher wave length. I believe the only other player on the pitch that could've picked him out is Bannan. I would like to see Jenas and Petrov holding, with the attacking trio of Bannan, Ireland and maybe Albrighton feeding Bent up top.

Bent would get soooooo much more service.

You laugh but when he played with Robinho, a world class player he was absolutley superb. The problem was, he ended up not being good enough for City like a lot of players and his attitude didn't help his future at the club. He then came to us, fell out with Houllier and had several injuries. I'm not defending the guy's mentality as he's quite clearly a player who is hard to handle and not the type of player I like at our club, but under the right guidance and the right players he can be a brilliant player.

As for 15-20 minutes, what do you mean? If he makes an impact he will earn his place in the first XI.

As for 15-20 minutes, what do you mean? If he makes an impact he will earn his place in the first XI.

I don't thinkl he has the ability or the mind set to start a game and contribute for the whole 90 minutes. He has had one good season with the Mancs and that was 2 seasons ago, he needs to realise that he is not the world class player he seems to think he is. If he played like the decent premiership player that he actually is then I think there is a place for him in the side but if Jenas is fit next match then Jenas will play and I think SI may even be dropped off the bench?

Jenas won't be fit for the next game, so Bannan and/or Ireland will get their chances.

As far as playing Bannan, Ireland and Albrighton as an attacking midfield to feed Bent is concerned, I fear that together as a group they are a bit lightweight. Look at how often Ashley Young was chopped down when he was with us. Do we really believe that these three will fare better than AY did?

I hope to be proved wrong on this and that all three gain strength and form a power trio, but at the moment they have a long way to go.

I'll be just happy enough if Ireland refinds himself and gets close to the top of his game of three years or so ago.