Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are stuck with him for the duration of his contract, i would play him in the reserves tbh, perhaps even send him round villa park selling programs.

The guys a loser, who signed him, was it MON last parting shot or did the board decide he was good enough?

Not our worst player today at all. Grew into the game a little I thought. His name shouldn't be the first point of discussion after that performance, not with Albrighton, Delfouneso and Hutton putting in the performances they did.

Not the worst player tonight - some of his runs were good but we lacked someone who could pick a pass. His head dropped towards the end but who can blame him when the ball is being hoofed forward out of desperation. For me tonight showed that Albrighton and Bannan flatter to deceive, The Fonz is miles off and Hutton is no better than any of our other right backs.

It's going to be a long and dull journey that's for sure.....

Maybe time to try him wide left or wide right. Surely couldn't be worse than in the centre and won't have to fight for the ball as much. He has the technical ability to create goals but just lets the game pass him by too much.

Dont think its fair to single him out last night, he was played far too deep and thats not his position. If he's not going to be played further forward then its a waste of time playing him, its detrimental to the team and also his own confidence and for future displays.