Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for him to step forward and shine.

It is, we definately need him to. The only problem is I'm not confident that he will. I just don't think he has the mental strength to get out of this rut. I might be totally wrong, and I hope I am, but i don't see it in him.

Oh, and it's nice to see someone has their crystal ball out to say Ireland won't ever come good for us...

Who needs a crystal ball? He's the only player at the Villa who would struggle to put together a 2 minute youtube 'highlights' compilation?? :D

All these people who think he will ever come good!!! Let's see it on the pitch and not in your imagination!!!

He needs to actually get on the pitch for us to see it.

--------------Bent----------------

Gab--------Ireland---------N'Zog

--------Bannan---Petrov-----------

Is What id go with against Newcastle. It wont be though.

Hopefully not. We'd get murdered.

Its the team I put in the matchday forum and it will work because Newcastle have been playing very defensively and that won't change when they come to Villa park.

That team has the potential to retain the ball well, shift it out to Nzog or Gab early and provide Bent with killer passes.

You think Bannan and Ireland are defensive enough and Petrov mobile enough to play a midfield three? Not a hope. We'd get butchered by a div 2 team with that midfield.

I see your point, who would you play then?

Delph and Petrov (gardner instead but not going to happen) Bannan behind Bent. Ireland or Alby on for N'Zog if he not performing

Basically, the team that played against Everton? fair enough.

I Want Bannan in the team without a shadow of a doubt but not as an AMC. I think he drops too deep to play the role and you could see Bents anger that none of the midfield were close enough to him.

I would also love to see Ireland given a go.

Truth be told, we have all these Central midfielders and I honestly dont know who the right choice is.

I share your hatred towards Petrov and I also think he slows down everything we do but who do you play instead? Gardner? Im not sure throwing the kid in just yet is the right choice.

Our central midfield is a lottery. God knows who to pick.

Our central midfield is a lottery. God knows who to pick.

Unfortunately that is a problem. Petrov is nailed on to start every league game and until Jenas is fit the only real decision is who replaces Heskey in the side and the choices are Bannan, Albrighton or Ireland? I think Bannan will get the nod as he seems to be first choice sub at the mo? We really need the zog to get motoring and Ireland? I really don't think he is capable of justifying his 65k a week wage!

Would like Ireland to have ago at some point agaisnt Newcastle. Made a few good runs agaisnt Everton and he was only on for 10 mins. Then again almost every time he played last season I was left frustrated, so.... I don't know who should play!