Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrrm! Don't have AVTV. But will take your word for it!

I was at the game and also have AVTV, Ireland really was one of our better players on Tuesday.

He was buzzing around a lot, linking up well with Makoun & Bannan and if he'd put one of his chances away, would have been a 9/10 performance.

I'm not quite sure I'd go as far as saying 9/10 but I agree with you that he was linking up a lot of play. I would like to have seen how much more effective he would have been with Petrov alongside him rather than Makoun though, I think he would have been even better. But I don't want to run into the Makoun/Petrov stuff so will move on from that.

It was the best I've seen Ireland play for us which is promising and crucially his confidence looked better and that is vital to his game. He needs to play like that against better opposition though before I get too excited.

I'm not quite sure I'd go as far as saying 9/10 but I agree with you that he was linking up a lot of play. I would like to have seen how much more effective he would have been with Petrov alongside him rather than Makoun though, I think he would have been even better. But I don't want to run into the Makoun/Petrov stuff so will move on from that.

It was the best I've seen Ireland play for us which is promising and crucially his confidence looked better and that is vital to his game. He needs to play like that against better opposition though before I get too excited.

Considering he can't get off the bench in league games he may struggle to do this

Considering he can't get off the bench in league games he may struggle to do this

I'm sure he will get his chance, when he does he is going to have to take it.

To be fair, I'd have put in a decent shift against Hereford

Ireland is still way off the pace.

To be fair, Hereford aren't a Sunday League team either.

They are not very far from it, are they?

Placed 23rd in League 2. Not exactly Barcelona.

Just over a week ago in League 2

Hereford 0 - 4 Macclesfield

The likes of Ireland (£68k a week) & Makoun (£52k a week) did little to enhance their chances on Tuesday night

Credit to the energy and endeavour of the kids we're through, Weimann and Fonz, Lichaj etc

The likes of Ireland (£68k a week) & Makoun (£52k a week) did little to enhance their chances on Tuesday night

Credit to the energy and endeavour of the kids we're through, Weimann and Fonz, Lichaj etc

Can I just ask, and im not doubting your accuracy, where you obtained those wage figures from?

I'm still backing Ireland to come good, and he needs to be given a chance. By all accounts he had a decent pre season and he was far from a disgrace on Tuesday.

The Ireland figure has been reported widely, when he joined as part of that crazy deal he became the highest paid player in our history !!

The Makoun figure was floated on here and H&V when he joined, may be less may be more but it will be around the 50k mark