Stephen Ireland

Richard

Dont think its fair to single him out last night, he was played far too deep and thats not his position. If he's not going to be played further forward then its a waste of time playing him, its detrimental to the team and also his own confidence and for future displays.

Agreed. Some of his runs into space were excellent but they weren't spotted by his team mates. We are crying out for a Cowarns type player who can pick a pass. But it's easy to blame Ireland and his critics will have a field day. Maybe last night emphasised that Albrighton, The Fonz and Bannan aren't as good as some believe they are.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alongside Dunne, Stephen Ireland shouldn't be anywhere near Aston Villa now.

Care to reason why? Particularly with regards to Dunne.

Stephen Ireland's comments regarding Birmingham and Aston Villa showed his commitment to AVFC. He didn't want to join us in the first place, has been given a number of chances in which he has failed to take any of them and still complains. It seems that it's everyone elses fault apart from Stephen Ireland's fault in his screwed up head.

Richard Dunne's behaviour on the team bonding weekend, abusing the inexperienced team members and a club legend, taking advantage of the 'treat' that they had been given to get pissed showed his attitude and thoughts towards AVFC. I'd also say his performances last year should have ensured his Villa career was over, and whilst some may be raving about him this year - he was at fault for the second tonight and there is still the panic whenever the ball goes into the box - and I'd place any improvements in defensive performance on the negative shite football that our 'manager' now 'plays'.

I agree to some extent, but getting rid of either player would weaken us in my opinion. Dunne has undoubtedly been one of our better performers this season and Ireland continues to show some (small) signs of improvement.

In an ideal world, you'd can off players acting in such a way, I dont disagree with you there. But we're not Man Utd, and we simply can't afford to get rid of any player who puts a foot wrong.

I agree to some extent, but getting rid of either player would weaken us in my opinion. Dunne has undoubtedly been one of our better performers this season and Ireland continues to show some (small) signs of improvement.

In an ideal world, you'd can off players acting in such a way, I dont disagree with you there. But we're not Man Utd, and we simply can't afford to get rid of any player who puts a foot wrong.

The problem is they are 3 things, players, assets and employees.

As players we can't afford to lose Dunne as he has been very good so far this season.

As assests the resale value would be limited, and they are worth more to us in the club and performing.

As employees we would have to pay compensation to get rid..... and as we all know, the Villa aren't exactly flush right now.

I thought he was alright yesterday. So sue me.

I agree, I thought he did OK & was at least looking to provide a spark. What didn't help him was everyone running away from him when he got the ball in any space which gave him no options whatsoever. The lack of passing options whenever he had the ball was frightening.

Stephen Ireland's comments regarding Birmingham and Aston Villa showed his commitment to AVFC. He didn't want to join us in the first place, has been given a number of chances in which he has failed to take any of them and still complains. It seems that it's everyone elses fault apart from Stephen Ireland's fault in his screwed up head.

Richard Dunne's behaviour on the team bonding weekend, abusing the inexperienced team members and a club legend, taking advantage of the 'treat' that they had been given to get pissed showed his attitude and thoughts towards AVFC. I'd also say his performances last year should have ensured his Villa career was over, and whilst some may be raving about him this year - he was at fault for the second tonight and there is still the panic whenever the ball goes into the box - and I'd place any improvements in defensive performance on the negative shite football that our 'manager' now 'plays'.

Move on.

Spot on

As soon as we were connected with Ireland as part of the Milner deal I posted on here that we shouldn't go near this bag of trouble with a barge pole, not only is he a nob but he's not IMHO that good a footballer either.

However he's here now, if he's going to play anywhere or do anything decent here he must be at least played in his correct position. I think he's only any good around the box as a creative forward in a 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1.

Stephen Ireland for me is an absolute disgrace that we got this player in exchange for one of the best players to pull on a shirt for us in the last 20 years.

In charge now I would actually terminate his contract we will get nothing for him anyway when we do manage to get rid.

useless player who adds nothing to us

I said he was a rich mans Lee Hendrie, well for that I apologise to Lee Hendrie at least he tried sometimes.

Stephen Ireland for me is an absolute disgrace that we got this player in exchange for one of the best players to pull on a shirt for us in the last 20 years.

In charge now I would actually terminate his contract we will get nothing for him anyway when we do manage to get rid.

useless player who adds nothing to us

I said he was a rich mans Lee Hendrie, well for that I apologise to Lee Hendrie at least he tried sometimes.

Hes just moved into a house in Solihull next to a pal...massive houses down where he lives...needs to start putting in a shift...65k a week hes on

People should probably start paying more attention to him when he plays. Last night, his runs were extremely clever, and his passing at times was exceptional to play people through. He made a lot more effort than he did all of last season. He is due a start and a goal I feel. I Look forward to seeing 'Ireland 7' emblazoned across the back of shirts around Villa Park in the coming months!! Give the lad a chance.

People should probably start paying more attention to him when he plays. Last night, his runs were extremely clever, and his passing at times was exceptional to play people through. He made a lot more effort than he did all of last season. He is due a start and a goal I feel. I Look forward to seeing 'Ireland 7' emblazoned across the back of shirts around Villa Park in the coming months!! Give the lad a chance.
He's had a chance, in fact he has had several and not taken any off them. Evidence suggests he never will.

He is not a player that will ever do any good for us and certainly not in our upcoming battle to stay in the league.