Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

The build up and finish are sublime today. I am wondering whether I love it as much as I do because of the circumstance and because we've been starved of that kind of quality for so long. Or whether it really is that **** good.

Goal of the month. I'm calling it now.

It's that good. The commentators couldn't believe it and the Match of the Day presenters couldn't believe it the quality of the goal was that good. Everything about that goal was a class above typical Premier League goals.

One of the best things about him is that he just doesn't stop.. He's always running, hassling, similar to Holman. When the defenders had the ball he was on them. If you watch the highlights Suarez was within metres of the ball but didnt bother getting involved.

I'm glad Weimann is doing well, and the rest of the youngsters, our academy may not be the standard of Barcelona but it can definitely produce a bloody good player

definitely the best Villa team goal since Barry vs Bolton in 08. great composure for the finish as well

i see a blossoming partnership between him and Benteke, they are on the same wavelength as now 2 games in a row they have combined

If you look at his goal today, you'll see that Weimann's ball to Benteke was taking the big man away from goal, yet Weimann still surged into the box as if he anticipated the back heel. No other ball was on for him to make that run except or a back heel.

No Liverpool defender tracked his run, giving him the space to receive the ball and finish with aplomb. That's the sign of an understanding between the from two, possibly from the training ground.

Excellent play all round.

its just dawned on me whilst watching chelsea that when torres scores, not that he does it often anyway, the english media go wild like hes the best thing since slice bread

yet with have weimann whos capable of scoring 2 goals nearly every game, and yet what do we get? not much

its just dawned on me whilst watching chelsea that when torres scores, not that he does it often anyway, the english media go wild like hes the best thing since slice bread

yet with have weimann whos capable of scoring 2 goals nearly every game, and yet what do we get? not much

Seriously??

Torres has been one of the premier leagues best strikers and has scored goals at every level but has struggled for form for a few seasons now. He is always going to be big news as he is one of the leagues big star players and it's most expensive transfer.

Wiemann just is a kid breaking through in a side battling relegation for 3 season in a row yet there was still (deservedly) a massive wankfest over his goal yesterday from all media outlets that I read/watched.

I think you are just looking at things through claret and blue specs there.

Must admit until thus season didn't really rate weimann ,thought that he would end up like many of the young promising strikers we had before ,felt that the championship was prob his level but glad he had proved me wrong so far he certainly knows where the goal is and his work rate has been outstanding if he keeps this up he has a big future in the game

What he does isn't pretty at all, he just gets the ball on target.

He miscontrols easy passes a lot, battling well for the ball, but his technique generally isn't all that, it'll probably stop him reaching the very top.

He's very effective, similar to Hernandez, love having him in the team.

Will be good to see Villa among the goal of the month contenders again - maybe goal of the season contenders too? I haven't seen Weimann's goal from the very start of the 16 passes - MOTD only showed the last couple of passes when Bannan left Lucas (I think) on his arse and played it forward.

Would love to see Benteke's goal against Norwich in its entirity too - 18 passes?

I remember Argentina scoring a goal like that in the World Cup a few years back and they repeated all 20 passes or whatever it was over and over.

Â