Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I like the idea of possession, passing football. It needs a decent winger and someone to provide the killer pass for Bent. It must be nice for the midfielders to end the game without stiff necks caused by howitzer shells looping over their heads.

• 4 weeks later...

why do we keep insist on selling our players in january, whether its delph, gabby, zoggy, dunne or event db9? im loving the fact that for the first time in years we have a squad that is genuinely competing for players in all positions... selling any of our players right now will either result in a substantial loss or us losing a star who's contributing to our starting XI.

If management makes PL sell then thats a separate manner, but personally, I want to see what PL can do with these players - who will he improve and who will fall away... after 4 games, i can't say for certain with regards to anyone...

PS obviously this does not apply to warnock and hutton, who aren't actually part of our squad and are languishing in the naughty corner...

Another game where he wasnt even in the squad. Lambert went for three strikers on bench rather than giving Delph a spot.

Considering his performance against West Ham and the fact that Lambert seemed to like him in pre season it is a little odd.

Isn't he injured?

Another game where he wasnt even in the squad. Lambert went for three strikers on bench rather than giving Delph a spot.

Considering his performance against West Ham and the fact that Lambert seemed to like him in pre season it is a little odd.

Unless he is Injured, then I agree.. Really am baffled by Lambert. Delph was our best player against west spam.

He wasn't injured at the weekend according to the Guardian. Available as a sub, not selected. Lambert was having a bit of an off-day on Saturday, so maybe it's not the end for Fabian.

delph was good against west ham. certainly a better player than herd and westwood

Â