Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

It's just these past couple of games where he's not been himself unfortunately - passing uncharacteristically wayward and lacking influence. Could just be tired given how much graft he's put in this season.

I don't watch the club as much as others, but I would say probably deserved his player of the year. Needs to be a bit more consistent though. You had the impressive game against West Brom followed by the awful performance against West Ham in the 0-2 defeat.

Edited by Voinjama

Not sure technically gifted is quite the right way to describe him. He's got good work rate, pace, and he can dribble , though not so much with close control so much as getting his toes on the ball when people don't expect it. His passing is limited and his shooting is inconsistent.

That said, he's still a really good player, and he absolutely deserved an England call up for his form over the first few months of the season. I think he'll still improve a lot too. 

Not sure technically gifted is quite the right way to describe him. He's got good work rate, pace, and he can dribble , though not so much with close control so much as getting his toes on the ball when people don't expect it. His passing is limited and his shooting is inconsistent.

That said, he's still a really good player, and he absolutely deserved an England call up for his form over the first few months of the season. I think he'll still improve a lot too. 

That seems a more accurate summary of his skill set!

Â