Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Hello ..

He is not a defensive midfielder.

Will someone tell McLeish this.

Well .. Do we really have one ? :(

Maybe we should try Herd ..

But for now .. I think Petrov and Jenas would do it together ..

Delph is doing ok I think ..

Last year .. I don't remember that the midfielders used to go to the penalty area .. this year we saw Petrov a couple of times their with a real threat .. And yesterday we saw Delph with two chances !

+ This year we have an assist + a goal from Bannan .. And an assist if you could call it .. from Petrov ..

Last year as I remember .. just an assist from Bannan !

Anyways .. UTV ! ^_^

He had a really poor first half but played well in the second half. I think that the position he is being played in is fine what delph is needs to do is work on shielding the ball and being able to retain position when things aren't going so well as so far he does well when we are on top but is near useless when we are struggling.

Certainly came into the match stronger in the 2nd half, and the hope that he can build on that might mean I'd favour him being kept in the team for the next match. Think he'd be best on the left of midfield 3 with license to go forward, rather than in the holding role (though I can sort of understand the thinking with that, given the options we have).

Don't agree with people saying try him at LB, I thought he did okay there as someone playing out of position, but not enough to make me think it's an actual position for him, much like say Reo-Coker at RB. Maybe LM/LW, though I'm not sure what his crossing is like.

I cannot believe that people would want to play our most gifted playmaker at left back. For real?

All I ask is that this kid gets the chance, at some point to play in his actual position, rather than being Petrovs bloody legs. Given a run of games in his natural position, I think there would be some on here eating big spoon fulls of humble pie.

He is a play maker, his range of passing is excellent and I remember him run the game against Fiorentina two years ago before his injury. If one player needs a proper defensive midfielder to be in our team, its Delph.

I cannot believe that people would want to play our most gifted playmaker at left back. For real?

Bit of a stretch that is.

I've not been too impressed with Delph to be honest. At times he looks good, but he often takes too long on the ball and loses possession far too easily. His tackles are reckless and IMO he offers little going forward. Think he would be better if he was playing with a proper DCM and a proper ACM in a 3 man midfield.

That said, I'd drop him when Jenas is fit and go with Petrov holding, Jenas as a box-to-box midfielder, with Ireland just behind Bent/Gabby.

I don't really see all the hype around Delph. Brilliant agaisnt Blackburn. But all other games he's pretty non-existent IMO.

Don't think I like him playing so deep either, he really offers very little in that role and isn't really the best at the art of tackling.

Maybe he'd be much better being pushed forward...but... I dunno, that's just a wild guess. Hasn't shown me anything to indicate he could play that role but there has to be a reason for the hype>?

He's still incredibly naive in his tackling, always throwing himself everywhere when he really doesn't need to. I would have thought that he would have learned by now to be a bit more disciplined.

I don't really see all the hype around Delph. Brilliant agaisnt Blackburn. But all other games he's pretty non-existent IMO.

Don't think I like him playing so deep either, he really offers very little in that role and isn't really the best at the art of tackling.

Maybe he'd be much better being pushed forward...but... I dunno, that's just a wild guess. Hasn't shown me anything to indicate he could play that role but there has to be a reason for the hype>?

He is definitely disappointing but as said, not sure why he's playing deep. Takes plenty good attributes out of his game and highlights his negative ones....

Â