Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I dont think he is good enough for Villa but also dont think he has a natural position. He seems too lightweight and an uncontrollable tackler for centre midfield
delph looks void of basic football skills,controlling the ball,passing,keeping head up,reading of the game..all i see in fd is failing to control the ball,a player who "jumps" into a tackle,fumbling the ball way to much for a prem player,i just dont see any improvement from game to game

I agree with the fact that he looks as if his 'enthusiasm' has been somewhat reined in. And I also have to agree he looks way out of position, but perhaps too lightweight for the way he so obviously wants to play.

Bit of an enigma really.

Should be turned into a LB to replace Warnock when his contract runs out.

you keep saying this but never give a valid reason

He would get more time on the ball, has good running, left foot and could make it his own..An Ashley Cole type player in the making(under the right coaching)..He is too lightweight for a Premiership midfielder and always needs more time on the ball than he can get..He would get that at LB.

I do see glimpses of talent from him but I still don't get the hype on here. Hope he improves though and maybe it would do him good to be on the bench for a couple of matches when Jenas gets fit.

I think signing Jenas will be the best thing to happen to Delph. He is still young and with his injury he is still inexperienced. I think Jenas will take some pressure off him and give us extra experience along side Petrov. This will take some pressure of Delph allowing him to continue his development without as much pressure.

Â