Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He is a play maker, his range of passing is excellent and I remember him run the game against Fiorentina two years ago before his injury. If one player needs a proper defensive midfielder to be in our team, its Delph.

I completely agree. The game that convinced me was the Man U home game two seasons ago where he ran the show until they went down to 10 men and MON didn't respond. I would however disagree on one thing - I think Delph and Bannan are, to a certain extent, interchangeable BUT Bannan would need a proper DCM alongside him even more than Delph does!

He is good enough, but McLeish either has no option but to play him where he is, or doesnt know his arse from his elbow.

I think it is the latter! A DCM should have been our priority in the summer whoever else he was going to play in CM.

He played great in a friendly. hardly an indication he is our best playmaker

Then suffered a cruciate knee injury which took him out for 9 months, along with another couple of niggling knocks.

He then regains fitness and ends up playing an unfamiliar role where he is roundly criticised.

Just about sums it up I think, but perhaps we should look back to when he came to see what he can do, as thats the last time he was properly match fit and played in the right position. Thats why I posted the original report against Fiorentina.

Look at his Leeds you tube videos maybe to see what we have actually got on our hands if we played him in the right position, in the right way.

Again, most gifted playmaker at the club.

And that was before a potentially career ending injury.

He's been poor in ever gem since back from injury and is only there as there is nobody else. Luckily for him the midfielder we borrowed in August is injury prone and unlikely to get into the team that often.

Look at his Leeds you tube videos maybe to see what we have actually got on our hands if we played him in the right position, in the right way.

Hmm not sure that proves anything.. It's a massive step up from championship to Premier League, it is completely different.

Though that said I haven't been impressed by him at all myself but am willing to give him more time (not that we have any choice really with Jenas being injured)

Hmm not sure that proves anything.. It's a massive step up from championship to Premier League, it is completely different.

Though that said I haven't been impressed by him at all myself but am willing to give him more time (not that we have any choice really with Jenas being injured)

I have no reason to disagree with either your or Pilchards posts. What I will say is we will not find out if he has still got that ability by playing him as a deep lying midfielder or left back.

That is for sure.

but people forget he played the next week vs Wigan and was hopeless

Hopeless or nervous?

First Premier league game and you are write him off on that?

Hopeless or nervous?

First Premier league game and you are write him off on that?

he wasn't hopeless at all, he was half decent in that game if i remember correctly but that's zatman for you, always writing off our best young talents

Sorry im realistic and dont build them up as once in a generation players

Who has done that?

By calling him the best playmaker we have? Big difference between that and calling him a once in a generation player.

Sorry im realistic and dont build them up as once in a generation players

Who has done that?

By calling him the best playmaker we have? Big difference between that and calling him a once in a generation player.

not you SGC likes to say Ethan Moore is a once in a generation player and Fonz would be as good as Drogba though also said MIchael Drennan was a disgrace.

So their is no middle ground with him for these youth players :P

Â