Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Vive - I am not trying to be a penis, but we all weighed up the future without him and actually it was ok, The guy cannot just issue these statements and expect us to fall in line, if he now wishes to stay then he needs to come clean and explain why. He is a bit bolloxed because idressa guueye is his replacement.

Gueye was never his replacement. Gueye was signed almost 2 weeks ago.

And The Mirror's exclusive 'Delph off for £8m' was on 27th June.

Two weeks ago.

I was pretty pissed off when i heard a medical had been booked yesterday. Felt betrayed, but this is great news. He would have been hard to replace imo. Good character to have in the dressing room and I was loving the fact he was captain and was always saying this is his club and he wants to end his career here etc. So naturally when I heard he was doing one it sucked. Will be interesting to hear what was behind all this if we ever find out that is.

Anyway lets look forward now and spend some money

https://vine.co/v/evJBd6QvaVd

• Like 1

Vive - I am not trying to be a penis, but we all weighed up the future without him and actually it was ok, The guy cannot just issue these statements and expect us to fall in line, if he now wishes to stay then he needs to come clean and explain why. He is a bit bolloxed because idressa guueye is his replacement.

Gueye was never his replacement. Gueye was signed almost 2 weeks ago.

And The Mirror's exclusive 'Delph off for £8m' was on 27th June.

Two weeks ago.

So the club bought a replacement for Delph within a couple of days based on an article in the Mirror?

:blink:

• Like 2

Build the new legend that delph is, if you want, he had massive wages on the table and actually I believe that was the reason his head turned, I do not know why he stayed loyal, maybe he looked at his own words and thought, christ life is not worth living, who knows, but something affected him, who knows what. He is from Leeds, this is why I accepted his loyalty to money, because he is not a brummie, it made me question Jack. But now I think there is a serious takeover afoot.

Cleverley's replacement perhaps?

That's a possibility. I didn't feel that Cleverley and Delph did the same role however, while others did. Cleverley always appeared to be the more advanced of the three and was evolving into a #8 under Sherwood's guidance. I would've assumed that he would've gone for a more naturally offensive minded player to take his place but who knows. Gueye sounds like he has experience of playing as a defensive-midfielder also, so could be used in that capacity.

• Like 1

Gueye and Delph might both be box to box. But with Delph there is more emphasis on attack and Gueye more on defence.

So they're both box to box. Glad we got that sorted :)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-manchester-city-6022312

Micah Richards fears Fabian Delph and Christian Benteke could both leave Aston Villa this summer.

Richards is just beginning his career at Villa on a free transfer from Manchester City but is worried he might not have new England star Delph as a team-mate for long, while striker Benteke could move to Liverpool.

Benteke is expected to tell Villa that he wants to quit the club, though the Anfield giants aren't keen to meet the £32.5m asking price.

And Delph has asked Richards - who spent 13 years at the Mancunian Blues - about life at the Etihad.

“Delph’s been unbelievable for Aston Villa. Every player wants to play at the highest level,” said defender Richards. “He won’t want to go there as a squad player, but if he gets assurances that he’s going to play, then the decision is his. And if he wants to play in the Champions League...

Neville Williams
Fab captain: Delph was made skipper by Tim Sherwood

“I wouldn’t say, 'Don’t go to Man City' because if he’s playing well, he’ll get in. Joe Hart plays every week, but he’s world class.

“People think Manuel Pellegrini doesn’t like English players, but it’s nothing to do with that. If you are good enough, you will play. If Delph is going to be given the chance to play at Manchester City then it’s hard to turn down.”

Richards revealed that Delph has gone to him for advice.

“He’s asked me what I thought about the situation but I don’t want to tell him to go there and then he’s not playing and he’s ringing me up,” said Richards.

“It’s a difficult season because it’s the European Championship [at the end of it]. If you find yourself playing only 10 games and someone else has a really good season, then he’s [the other man] going to play, isn’t he?”

And Richards said of Benteke's potential move to Liverpool: “That would be a big blow and we’ll need a new goalscorer if he goes - he seemed to win games on his own for Villa last season.”

I think Micah's comments were positive. He acknowledged that Delph is a quality player, and that he believes that he could be successful at City. More importantly however, he highlighted the risk of becoming a squad player and being left out of the European Championship. That has got to be a priority for Delph now that he's broken into the England team. He certainly won't want to end up like Jack Rodwell, or his buddy Scotty.

Delph may be destined for greater things than Villa, but I believe that he's a loyal player and that he'll stay with us for another year, captaining the side valiantly and cementing his place in the national team. If he wants to move on to a top club after that, so be it. Can you really fault a player for wanting to compete for the title every year and in the Champions League?

Hopefully we'll have evolved into a more balanced squad by that time and we won't feel the loss quite as much.

I always believed in you Fabian.

Build the new legend that delph is, if you want, he had massive wages on the table and actually I believe that was the reason his head turned, I do not know why he stayed loyal, maybe he looked at his own words and thought, christ life is not worth living, who knows, but something affected him, who knows what. He is from Leeds, this is why I accepted his loyalty to money, because he is not a brummie, it made me question Jack. But now I think there is a serious takeover afoot.

4768914+_41dec6c676cc8623f6e18818e39d248

What excitement, almost like a new signing!

Good on for coming out and making such a strong statement, I suspect indirectly that actually may help us with our other recruiting.  Suddenly gone from a club losing its captain (and one of better players) to a club who's captain can't wait to lead his team out and feels about the future.  Certainly makes us look just a little more inviting to new signings.

I do wonder how close he came to leaving, more inclined to think he was more like a .01% chance of leaving though, and I doubt Man City even bid, all just chinese whispers and making click bait headlines.  Mail, Mirror, and associated trash rags are all blacklisted in my eyes now, i'll never visit them again....

I just came hard. 

oh I know the ones, where you think you're going to catch it but your hand was just in totally the wrong place

yeah

and the next 5 minutes you're dabbing everything dry in your auntie's knicker drawer

we've all been there

• Like 4

A few posts have claimed the club removed Delph's kit photos from the site. Can anyone state when this was done?

I'm curious because I was looking at the site at lunchtime today and Delph was still pictured in the new kit showing his captain's armband.

@earl.... reading that Mirror article, with the headline "Micah Richards fears Fabian Delph and Christian Benteke could both leave Aston Villa this summer", the interview from Richards suggests he 'fears' nothing of the sort. It's all the Mirror journo's narrative in between the actual quotes.

Â