Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph is about the same type of player Rodwell was before he went to City. Same amount of skill. Not the best, but definitely has talent. Rodwell never player albeit he was injured often. 

• Like 1

CJVAu3_UwAAsM7k.jpg

Now it makes sense. He's taking the armband off, Jack's not happy about it, benteke is praying that he's next and gabby is telling everyone to say nothing about it all

And Clarks on a feely mission.

• Like 2

We paid (supposedly) a little over £6m for him 6 years ago. Now we are selling him for £8m. That's insane. 

Seems like it was 8mil or lose him for free - so the former's a lot better than the latter at least. 

• Like 1

Edit: this is in response to vive la villa

I'm sure there are many reasons. Even so, does every player want to win things from the bench? No guarantee, but vastly more likely that he will be a fringe player there. Here, he's integral, without question. So I don't think it's even as simple as winning things. More satisfying as a player to bring up a struggling club or a bit part player in a successful club?

I disagree. Any player that feels he will be a bit part player at Man City when they are in for him shouldn't even be in the game. He has earned his move and will trust his own ability.

He will play and train alongside some of the best players in the world which will only help him improve as a player. He will also test himself against the best players in the world. Had he turned this move down I would have personally thought they guy not only had no balls and ambition but had also lost the plot.

I said previously that if they came in for him he was gone. But I didn't expect the 8M clause to be true. I admit that surprised me. But the naivety shown by fans to suggest he would turn down a move to Man City surprised me even more.

Also before you point to Rodwell and Sinclair, no way were that at the level Delph is at. They were both every poor Mancini signings and many said it at the time, Delph is now an established England International!!

We're speculating over motives, of course, so you're welcome to that interpretation. And we will certainly see how it turns out.

The one part here that I take issue with, is the part about ambition. Him staying here would not at all be a knock on his ambition. There many great things he can do for this club that, in many ways, are more ambitious. Further, if he plays in, say, 20 games next year, will the move be proof of his ambition?

If it ends with trophies I would say so. When he is an old man and showing his kids his medals I doubt he will say I wish I only had tales of my relegation battles for you instead kids.

Or he will be lying on his deathbed thinking what a lying sack of shit he was.

Just really confused if City were the only team in for him at the reported 8 mil price tag.

Even if you didn't want him.. You could sign him and sell him a year later for double the money... The whole thing is bizarre?

Just really confused if City were the only team in for him at the reported 8 mil price tag.

I have to agree, with the big clubs having quite enviable budgets then 8m for an England international seems peanuts. Why haven't the likes of Man utd who are fairly weak in midfield taken a punt on him because even a failure he would be a decent sub

What's hilarious for me is that I stopped bothering with football even before Lamberts appointment. I'd had enough of the how the game had gone.

Thought "right this season I'll get back into it" bought both new tops, 2 hours later the stories start coming out about Delph. For me Delph's comments in Jan actually made me think we are one of those few clubs with a soul left, that players wanted to play for the villa & that some footballers did give a f***.

Maybe a little off topic...just saying this unfortunately is the modern footballer.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Not really interested in defending him and certainly not trying to claim Lambert should still be here, but he did say all those things under a different manager who he may have felt very close to?

If my company sacked my boss and brought in someone I didn't rate (not saying that is necessarily the case) I might move from thinking of a long term future here etc etc

It may have been a release clause for a Champions League club only. Who knows. I'm probably just being miserable but reading between the lines, I think assurances about a takeover haven't turned out the way we wanted so he has taken up the City option.

look like hes gone,again we sell our best player year in year out.

how can you replace delph for 8m?

Not trying to be funny but I think we just did.Well for £9m I guess

Edited by limvillian

Yes, it is £8m we wouldn't have got if he hadn't signed a new deal, but to a fan, the money is worthless when yo compare it to the loyalty we thought he had that we've now lost.

I'd rather he went for nothing because the disappointment of being let down like this, by the club (who continually treat us as mugs) and the player who I though cared about the club like we do is far worse than not getting a low amount of money (in football terms)

Yes, it is £8m we wouldn't have got if he hadn't signed a new deal, but to a fan, the money is worthless when yo compare it to the loyalty we thought he had that we've now lost.

I'd rather he went for nothing because the disappointment of being let down like this, by the club (who continually treat us as mugs) and the player who I though cared about the club like we do is far worse than not getting a low amount of money (in football terms)

This is how I feel... Angry too, at myself for believing that loyalty may still exist.. What a fuckweasal I am!

• Like 1

Â