Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I guess he wants to play at the highest level he can, like any player with ambition. Disappointed but I can't blame him.

That said, I think it's going to be disaster for his career.

Yep, this decision will mark the day his career stalls. He may well win some trophies, but it won't be him out on the pitch earning them.

I guess he wants to play at the highest level he can, like any player with ambition. Disappointed but I can't blame him.

Wouldn't have blamed him at all, if it wasn't for him harping on about loyalty and being in it for the long haul, 6 months ago. I hope he fails spectacularly.

Anyone saying delph is average is kidding themselves. This is a massive blow for us

I don't agree. Its blow in that he was our captain, but I don't think its a massive blow on the pitch, especially since we have already signed his replacement it seems - a new player chosen by our current manager, and not a legacy of one of his predecessors. 

We have been shit for 5 years now, its time we moved on some of the players who have been around during all of that time - they are the players who Sherwood says are accustomed to losing (or not winning rather).

He was more than likely asked by the club to do the video to placate quite a vicious crowd at the time, lets be honest.

That is disgusting IF true, lying to supporters in that fashion is cowardly and weak. Maybe Delph did not fancy working with Sherwood any longer? Ah, who the fook cares?....

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Obviously very disappointed if this is true. I don't blame him for going to a bigger club

Agree with everything you have said except this.

Man City are not, have never been nor never will be a "bigger" club than Aston Villa. Richer yes.....but as we all know, money doesn't buy you class.

Yep.

Richer just buys you a better seat on the FFP train.

What?!?

They've even bought a train for the Sky team to sit on?!

FFS, football is getting ridiculous now.

That said, I think it's going to be disaster for his career.

Yep, this decision will mark the day his career stalls. He may well win some trophies, but it won't be him out on the pitch earning them.

I hope so, not because I'm bitter but purely because of the comments made by Delph after signing his new contract.

And £8 million is robbery FFS!

Board ineptitude at fault here aswell, if we'd done the logical thing and offered him a new deal at any point in 2013 I'm sure he'd have signed him and doubt they'd have been any release clause so with two years left we feasibility could've demanded 15m which I doubt Man. City would've paid.

Also begs the question where Man. City aware of the release clause before it came out and who exactly leaked it to the press.

cant agree about the board here. They gave him a new deal in 2011 which he probably didnt deserve at the time and came back to bite us. Club stood by him through a lot of injuries too and also through some shit form

He couldnt do the basics under McLeish which was embarrassing to watch

Spot on Zatman - the board did a decent job here by getting £8m for him.

I hope when he books his holidays with his wife he forgets she still has her maiden name on her passport and books the seat under her married name. Then we he gets to the airport he queues for check in but when he gets to the desk he gets told he has to pay to have her name changed on the ticket. Then he gets told he cant pay it there but has to queue at another desk to pay it.

The pr1ck.

• Like 1

Board ineptitude at fault here aswell, if we'd done the logical thing and offered him a new deal at any point in 2013 I'm sure he'd have signed him and doubt they'd have been any release clause so with two years left we feasibility could've demanded 15m which I doubt Man. City would've paid.

Also begs the question where Man. City aware of the release clause before it came out and who exactly leaked it to the press.

cant agree about the board here. They gave him a new deal in 2011 which he probably didnt deserve at the time and came back to bite us. Club stood by him through a lot of injuries too and also through some shit form

They let his deal run down to that point!

Similar to most here. Don't begrudge him the move, happy with £8m rather than nothing, but all his loyalty talk this year has made his time here feel hollow somehow. His semi final goal will look different now, funny as it sounds.

And to be honest, it's made me feel foolish for believing him.

I probably wouldn't jeer him on his return, but I certainly wouldn't blame others for doing so.

If they don't want to play for villa, then I don't want them to play for villa.

Clark for captain.

• Like 2

I hope the mother of his unborn child has cravings for a food that's really difficult to find, so that he has to spend over an hour in a 24-hour Tesco, looking for it, whilst he's thinking 'Dammit! I should have stayed at Aston Villa! Nicky Keye would have helped me with this, instead of shouting '**** off Flop-ian!' over the phone before hanging up on me'.

• Like 2

They let his deal run down to that point!

Some of the biggest clubs in the world have let players contracts run down - the clubs don't have the power. The alternative would have been to sell him last season, but I suspect we wouldn't have got more than £8m for him then anyway!

Well, Fabian, we stood by you through your injury and long spells of indifferent form and by way of thanks you shat on us.

Hope your career flounders spectacularly now and you end up on loan to Cardiff, Hull or similar.

• Like 2

Obviously very disappointed if this is true. I don't blame him for going to a bigger club

Agree with everything you have said except this.

Man City are not, have never been nor never will be a "bigger" club than Aston Villa. Richer yes.....but as we all know, money doesn't buy you class.

Oh behave. They're far bigger than us in the modern game. Maybe not historically, but nobody is signing to play in their team 20 years ago

Â