Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's hardly going for the money is he guys? City are more than a team that just offer lots of money to get players these days. They challenge for the league and are in the champions league. He'll be going because he has faith in his ability to compete for a place. That being said he is a massive word removed. **** off Delph you liar.

Don't blame him for leaving. I guess he would have gone on a free so at least we got something out of it. Never did really make sense when he signed a new contract. Oh well another one our good players moves on. Benteke next. Sherwood has got one hell of a job on his hands.

Hopefuly Clark get to show him what commitment to Villa is

This is the player who only has 12 months left on his contract?

And isn't Premier League quality.

How many Clark's do we have in the squad?

as to the not premier league quality take that rubbish to another thread

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the less I care..

He'll get a bit of extra money a week, but will probably end up frustrated with the lack of game time. He'll lose his place in the England squad because of it and end up at Bournemouth in a couple of years.

His loyalty speech aside, he's the one jumping out of the frying pan.

• Like 1

He's pretty much gone, the BBC don't 'usually' stick up a story unless they are sure about it.

Aston Villa captain Fabian Delph is set to sign for Manchester City on Saturday, reports BBC WM.

The midfielder, who joined Villa from Leeds in 2009, signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Villa in January.

His future looked uncertain when Micah Richards, who moved from City to Villa this summer, said Delph had asked for his thoughts about the Sky Blues.

The 25-year-old reportedly did not travel with the Villa squad for their pre-season training camp in Portugal.

Aston Villa

Aston Villa tweeted a picture earlier on Friday that included Fabian Delph modelling the club's new kit

Delph helped Villa retain their Premier League status last season, making 28 league appearances, and also played a key role in their run to the FA Cup final, where they lost 4-0 to Arsenal.

On signing his new contract in January, the England international had said he intended to be at the club "for the long run".

"There was no way I was going to bail out," he said at the time.

"This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future."

05e025999db0cf6343b27e6f3e678424.jpg

So what you're saying is; now is the time to put some money on him staying at Villa?! While the odds are great?!

You got it! £100 on Delph to stay at Villa!

Done!

Easy money at 20/1.

Hopefuly Clark get to show him what commitment to Villa is

This is the player who only has 12 months left on his contract?

And isn't Premier League quality.

Clark isn't premier league quality? Let's forget about his improvement last season then.

I honestly don't care about the players just the club, maybe Jack Grealish and Gary Gardner but this is only because they have the chance to live my dream.

Player's come and go, Delph is a good player but very inconsistent. On his day he will be good enough for MC but once he has an off day then he'll struggle to get on their bench.

I always felt the money for Gueye was from the sale of Delph, we go again :)

Â