Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Then we have Delph and Benteke who have releases clauses, but we don't have to sell. If Delph is your captain, then you don't sell him for 10m. Benteke is his only consistent striker, so you don't sell him unless you have a very competent replacement lined-up. 

Surely the whole point of the release clauses that we DO have to sell if anybody offers the amount stipulated?

• Like 2

Was pretty unsold on the loyalty BS in January.

Accused of being over negative as per. Looking like it's just more reality.

Man City come knocking and he will go, no doubt.

A player full of confidence who will believe he can make it at the very top. He certainly won't be thinking I'm going to be 2nd best. You don't get into the England squad with that attitude.

also sure you spent most of time when he signed his contract saying its because nobody was interested in him ;)

• Like 1

its meh for me anyway if he goes. He got better at end of the season but he still hasnt got enough end product for me and probably our most overrated player. 3 goals in over 100 games really is shocking, same amount as Sidwell and Cleverley got for the club

• Like 1

Then we have Delph and Benteke who have releases clauses, but we don't have to sell. If Delph is your captain, then you don't sell him for 10m. Benteke is his only consistent striker, so you don't sell him unless you have a very competent replacement lined-up. 

Surely the whole point of the release clauses that we DO have to sell if anybody offers the amount stipulated?

We have to let the player talk to the team who has met the release clause. But it's up to the player if he wants to go. He can refuse if he wants 

You would have thought if his release fee was so low that teams would be lining up to activate it? This makes me think that Delph possibly wants to stay at least one more season to see how things work out. I think if we struggle again this season then he will be off next summer for certain.

If we have a good year and things start to look good again under new ownership, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a new contract with a higher release clause inserted that is more of a true reflection of his worth.

May be that the release clause was a relegation clause or something and the journo has run with it.

Or it's totally made up.

Or he doesn't want to leave.

Wow, now 3.5 to stay at Villa :wacko:

1.3 to join Citeh :( :(

That's a great bet. I've already backed him to stay but I'm happy to put some more on at those odds.

Yup I put another 90 on it at those odds. :D

Edited by PieFacE

Signing a deal in Jan wasn't just a loyalty thing, it was an insurance policy. Get seriously crocked without a contract and you're fcked. That's why it's so risky for the likes of bulsar Ron to 'wind' their contract down.... so he was always wanting off.

Delph wasn't showing his loyalty, He was being sensible.

Â