Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

didn't he recently say in an interview that Aston Villa " is my club "

he isnt stupid anyway if he wanted to leave he would of let his Contract run out

Man City main target is Pogba and if that fails Delphs there back up plan?lol behave

• Like 1

Turned down city for us before, he's got a good thing going here and will be 28 (?) when he enters his last year of his contract so still plenty of time for that move, stay with us, captain us, we get a bit better next season, play for England at the euros, maybe even we continue to get better, play for England at the World Cup then go get yourself that move, he's got that kind of time in my head

But then footballers don't think like that

Do agree though, doubt very much city are after him, the press make too much out of this home grown stuff and buying English players, in reality it's Chelsea that struggle with the squad registration and they aren't buying English, they just leave gaps in the squad (if you register 24 players rather than 25 then the +1 counts as a home grown) or buy the likes of fabregas

City have upped their original offer for Raheem. It looks like they are on the prowl for young English talent because that has obviously worked well for them in the past.  :(

Edited by GENTLEMAN

City have upped their original offer for Raheem. It looks like they are on the prowl for young English talent because that has obviously worked well for them in the past. :(

I don't get their obsession with Raheem. He won't even be part of their 25 man squad so won't count towards home grown players. What's the point?

I had started to get fed up of Delph, but to be fair he had a great run-in after signing his contract extension. The sad thing is City probably would be interested in order to meet their homegrown quota, but it would be a very very poor choice from Delph, he's nowhere near good enough to start regularly for them, and it would end his nascent England career in his infancy. I would really hope he has too much common sense. 

That said, I do wonder who City are going to pick up, they really must be in desperate need of English talent at this point. 

• Like 1

If James Milner was good enough to get regular game time for Man City then so is Delph, even more so in my opinion. I don't think he'll leave us but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised.

I mean when he signed his contract I'm guessing no team as good as Man City were showing an interest. And if they throw a stack of money at him you never know. He might not be motivated by money, but if he's offered enough surely he'd have to start thinking about the people he could help with that money. I wonder if he has a release clause.

If he goes next summer after a good euro championship he goes with good wishes

If he goes this summer and hardly plays it risks his England place and he does not want that

As I said,  IMHO FWIW, he's going nowhere this summer

• Like 1

I don't doubt City are interested if for no other reason than to keep their home grown quotient up. 

Let's hope young "home grown" players can now see the potential down side of being signed for this purpose and the damage it can do to their development as footballers (albeit they become millionaires). The Milners and Sinclairs of the world don't tell a great story in this respect.

• Like 1

Â