Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

But Bowery didn't fit in with BJ10's transfer plans, so he isn't good enough. That's not based on him actually watching him either.

Sorry. How has this season worked out so far?

Yes clearly my opinion on our transfers in the summer was completely wrong. Yes silly me for suggesting signing lower league players would be a success this season.

I haven't seen much of Bowery but he's a striker with a poor scoring ratio in league 1.

The fact he has never started a game and most of his sub appearances come when the game is already over speaks volumes about the talent this kid has.

Yes clearly my opinion on our transfers in the summer was completely wrong. Yes silly me for suggesting signing lower league players would be a success this season.

I haven't seen much of Bowery but he's a striker with a poor scoring ratio in league 1.

The fact he has never started a game and most of his sub appearances come when the game is already over speaks volumes about the talent this kid has.

He cost 300 grand and is one for the future.

I dont get why you hate the kid so much and get your knickers in a twist about it.

Did we miss out on some other top player that was going for 300k?? No didn't think so.

And the signing of Bowery has sweet FA to do with how are season has turned out.

Edited by villan_007

I dont get why you hate the kid so much and get your knickers in a twist about it.

Did we miss out on some other top player that was going for 300k?? No didn't think so.

And the signing of Bowery has sweet FA to do with how are season has turned out.

Why do I have to rate him because he's one for the future?

He's the same age as Delfonseuo and there's plenty of people on here who don't rate him.

He cost 300 grand. Ok, again why do is this a reason to rate him? If we signed a conference player for £50,000 is that a reason to rate him?

Did we miss out on anyone? No, again I don't understand why this is a reason for me having to rate him.

Also I'm not sure my above comment could be described as hateful and getting my knickers in a twist. I said I thought delfonsou was better than him.

"Better than Weimann"... ha ha oh deary me!

I'd rather have a Weimann with his legs blown off in the team than Nathan Delfouneso!

I seem to remember Kev Mac saying that Delfouneso was much the better of the two from a technical perspective but that Weimann had more chance of making it because of his attitude and desire.

Then again, if I did read that, I probably read it here so it's probably a crock.

Edited by choffer

I think there's a decent player in there to be fair. He looks quick and strong and he passes the ball off quickly instead of dwelling on it. No idea how good his finishing is though...

I think there's a decent player in there to be fair. He looks quick and strong and he passes the ball off quickly instead of dwelling on it. No idea how good his finishing is though...

Looked like a poor mans John Carew IMO... but quicker and not as strong. maybe better on the ball but he is alot worse in the box than carew.

He started vs Ipswich and played well.

The Fonz is just shit really. Better than Weimann is a ridulous statement. Weimann's finishing is very Jelavic esque. When he doesn't have time to think about it he's a fantastic finisher. The Fonz is just a shit Jerome, which is hard to be!

Looked like a poor mans John Carew IMO... but quicker and not as strong. maybe better on the ball but he is alot worse in the box than carew.

OK well for around 400 grand up front (the rest subject to appearances) a 'poor mans' JC is hardly a bad signing.

Delfouneso has more talent than Weimann in my opinion - he has the ability to be excellent, a really top class player. However ability is never the whole story and I think Weimann will be able to get more out of his talent through his application and his aggression.

Increasingly from watching the reserves and young players coming through, it's not the best that always make it, you need aggression, that bit of devilment, that touch of nasty - Luke Moore had more talent than Gabby but I know who I'd want next to me in a fight.

Gabby is a good example - a player with a limited talent and for a time only one asset - pace - he's worked his nuts off to become strong, good in the air and two footed - Luke Moore had loads to start with and added nothing - he's as good now as he was when he was fifteen and he's gone from being the best fifteen year old in the country to being, well to being Luke Moore.

Weimann has desire, aggression and application and he's got enough talent to make that count. Delfouneso still just about has time to ask himself the question "Why him and not me?" and come up with the right answer, but the clock is ticking.

Â