Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

It has? 

Basically, the source of my amusement is the offence being taken by people who believe 'Gammon' to be a racist slur, whilst themselves raging against the 'PC brigade' and calling anyone who doesn't want to deport all the brown people 'Libtards, Cucks, Snowflakes, Lefties, Trots, Remoaners and Enemies of Democracy'

The people getting most offended tend to have a Union Jack in their handle, a reference to Trump/MAGA in their bio (despite being British) and follow Paul Jospeh Watson and Tommy Robinson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

'Gammon' 

Never in a month of Sunday's did I think that word would provide hours of social media hilarity, but it has. 

Much like most of the snowflake stuff 90% of it seems to be people complaining about people complaining, give it a couple of days and thr whole thing will have gone so far up its own ass no one will even know where it all started anymore, this however is genius

IMG_20180514_195534.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@villa4europe you're spot on there.

Its daft, childish and just adds to the cesspit of political 'debate' as it is today.

BUT the sheer audacity of those crying racism over it is amazing. It isn't funny, but it is. 

Snowflakes indeed. 

In work I sometimes have salads for lunch, which include beetroot.  When I'm finished and I'm washing out the container, I get a giggle out of pouring the remaining beetroot juice into one of the toilets, because it looks absolutely disgusting :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

In work I sometimes have salads for lunch, which include beetroot.  When I'm finished and I'm washing out the container, I get a giggle out of pouring the remaining beetroot juice into one of the toilets, because it looks absolutely disgusting :D 

0y8j1ti.jpg

Saw a tree shedding pollen earlier today. At first, i stopped because I thought it was on fire or smoking or something. Then I realised it was pollen, a proper constant thick grey plume of it.

For a second, it was almost kind of psychedelic.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Saw a tree shedding pollen earlier today. At first, i stopped because I thought it was on fire or smoking or something. Then I realised it was pollen, a proper constant thick grey plume of it.

For a second, it was almost kind of psychedelic.

Do you know what kind of tree it was? 

hmmm, not great on trees, not a pine or an oak, decent size, taller than a house.....maybe something like an alder or hazel

I just did a quick google and it mentioned a purple hue on some Alders, I nearly mentioned the purple hue and decided not to as it might have sounded a bit too trippy!

• Like 1

Â