Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I spend a lot of time at work daydreaming that New Jack will turn up and sort my boss out

nj187.jpg

"I'll stick this (Hook) in your face and rip you wide open, then what you gonna do? squeal like a pig!"

The news from Hong Kong that Carson Yeung has been arrested on money laundering charges. By the narcotics squad no less. VT discussion/uncontrolled laughter here

The Mass Transit "incident" (massacre?) certainly isn't something that cheers me up!

It was his own fault. Told them he was over 18, showed them a fake ID and his dad went along with it.

The circus that is small heath alliance and the fact that their supporters never learn.

They give me stick about the carling cup... they get relegated.

They laugh at me over Martinez... we take their manager.

They point to reports of Randy tightening the purse strings... Carson Yeung gets **** in a Hong Kong prison shower.

The circus that is small heath alliance and the fact that their supporters never learn.

They point to reports of Randy tightening the purse strings... Carson Yeung gets **** in a Hong Kong prison shower.

This whole post made me fall off my chair!!!! :notworthy:

This whole post made me fall off my chair!!!! :notworthy:

x2 these posts are hilarious this made me spit my tea out just you bugger, im still chuckling 10 mins on :hooray::crylaugh:

My local Italian deli started selling nduja. I can get a rather large toasted sandwich with buffalo mozarella, speck and nduja for £3.50. Om nom nom.

Well there ya go. And I thought nduja was one of the written words for how a sneeze sounds. I don't believe I've had the pleasure.

It is amazing. Extremely spicy, almost pâté-like Calabrian sausage. Previously, I had to travel all the way to Borough market in London to get my fix, an expensive (but wholly worthwhile) endeavour. I nearly wept when they got it in; I'd requested it from the proprietor a year earlier but he said they didn't know if they could source it cheap enough to sell.

'Nduja is a spicy spreadable sausage made with pork. It is typically made with parts of the pig such as the shoulder, belly and jowl as well as tripe, roasted peppers and a mixture of spices. It is a salami variation of Calabria, loosely based on the French Andouille introduced in the 18th Century by the Bourbons.

The name derives from the French andouille, a coarse-grained smoked meat made using pork, pepper, onions, wine, and seasonings. 'Nduja is made using meat from the head (minus the cheeks, which are used for guanciale), trimmings from various meat cuts, some clean skin, fatback, and roasted hot red peppers which give 'nduja its characteristic fiery taste. 'Nduja originates from the southern part of Calabria, namely from the small town of Spilinga and its neighborhood.

'Nduja is mainly served with slices of bread or with ripe cheese. Its unique taste makes it suitable for a variety of dishes. For example, it can be added to pasta sauces.

nduja2.jpg

As for the 'nduja, it's extremely versatile and a little goes a long way. I mixed a spoonful into pomodoro sauce along with some meatball-sized chunks of luganica sausage, then served with spaghetti last week; pasta heaven. I only discovered it when Pizza Express started putting small drops of it on one of their "specialty" pizzas. I've diabolical plans on creating some form of Italian vindaloo with 'nduja at some point. My tastebuds will love me, my sphincter will not.

Â