Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

40 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The missus just phoned me...coming back from a school trip to Barry Island; it seems the Welsh football team must be due back in Cardiff pretty soon, as people are waving flags, hooting, cheering and taking pictures of two coach loads of small Asian kids who've just been to the seaside :crylaugh:

They've gummed up the airport and cheered every chav returning from Ibiza since about 7 this morning.

Crazy scenes!

Oh yeah, and they've re named all the roundabouts after players.....and it's currently live on the TV.

bonkers

Just went into my local curry house for the first time since we had our daughter 8 months ago, and even better than that they've started doing Peroni on tap, life complete :hooray:

59 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Just went into my local curry house for the first time since we had our daughter 8 months ago, and even better than that they've started doing Peroni on tap, life complete :hooray:

I am genuinely glad that somebody's life is made complete by curry and gassy lager. Because it's my idea of - well, not hell, that would be silly, but... bleurgh. 

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I am genuinely glad that somebody's life is made complete by curry and gassy lager. Because it's my idea of - well, not hell, that would be silly, but... bleurgh. 

I couldn't be more glad that your glad for me. Because I'm definitely glad.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You sound like the kind of guy who sits through Ice Cold In Alex and then spoils the ending by jeering at their choice of beer. :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Let him sip his craft and look down...

Pshaw. I've been drinking hand-pulled, cask conditioned ale all my life, long before it was 'craft', 'pop up', 'artisanal', hipster, fashionable or overpriced. 

My post was not a concealed sneer. I understand that it takes all sorts, and I'd rather somebody is genuinely made happy by stuff that I happen not to like, than pretend to like what they don't. Variety is the spice of life, and all that. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Its funny how much we take things for granted. I'd go out for a curry and beer nearly every weekend and think nothing of it, my first one with my new family was something special to me.

• Like 4

3500.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

The world's oldest male twins, turned 103 yesterday. Old Belgian guys. I'm guessing what they're drinking has had something to do with it! Look at the guy on the left, it's like he's so happy to be alive. Incredible.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Pshaw. I've been drinking hand-pulled, cask conditioned ale all my life, long before it was 'craft', 'pop up', 'artisanal', hipster, fashionable or overpriced. .......Variety is the spice of life, and all that. 

Me too ( though I am omnibeverous) but I share the love of curry and lager. It's a joy.  Only thing I'd say is that Peroni isn't as good with a curry as a German lager

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Me too ( though I am omnibeverous) but I share the love of curry and lager. It's a joy.  Only thing I'd say is that Peroni isn't as good with a curry as a German lager

If you know a curry house that serves German beer please share! I was just happy to have an alternative to carling/cobra/kingfisher.

16 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Human decency. I thought I'd lost my credit card today but a kind soul found it and went out of his way to track down my phone number and then to come and meet me with the card. Having resigned myself to a whole bunch of hassle, particularly as I'm in Sweden on my way back from holiday, I was ready to give him a big hug or whatever else he wanted in terms of romantic nourishment but he just grinned, shook my hand, wished me a nice weekend before I could even apologise for not having cash ready for a finder's fee.

Lucky you. Last time that happened to me, aforementioned soul used it to piss $250 on liquor

The march against police brutality I went to last night was organized by high school kids. Confident, tech savvy, politically engaged youth. Gives me some hope.

Â