Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just had a stab at making Dakgalbi at home which was my favourite Korean dish. Turned out a treat and actually tastes like it does there. I am delighted to be reunited with it's wonderful taste.

img_1702.jpg

*note, this is not the one I made.

• Like 1

Just had a stab at making Dakgalbi at home which was my favourite Korean dish. Turned out a treat and actually tastes like it does there. I am delighted to be reunited with it's wonderful taste.

img_1702.jpg

Looks delicious, apart from the spring onions on top (assuming that's what they are) which would render the entire dish inedible.

Must try harder.

I don't particularly like any onion. I can eat them, especially red onion, if they are cooked and in a sauce or whatever.

But Spring onions are the worst.

Nothing annoys me more than a perfectly good salad or sandwich being ruined by putting onion in it.

img_1702.jpg

Looks delicious, apart from the spring onions on top (assuming that's what they are) which would render the entire dish inedible.

Must try harder.

• Like 1

Went for a curry on Friday. Jilabi's in Sheldon.

Not only was it a lovely curry, but they plastered us with free stuff.

And it's not like we spent a fortune so they thought "We better keep these high rollers happy!"

We had a main course each plus a couple of popadoms and naans, and a drink. That's it. Our bill was about £30

But they gave us both a slice of chocolate fudge cake, ice cream, marshmallows, fruit salad, coffee, sweets and a whiskey and coke. All for free.

Needless to say I'll be going back!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Went for a curry on Friday. Jilabi's in Sheldon.

Not only was it a lovely curry, but they plastered us with free stuff.

And it's not like we spent a fortune so they thought "We better keep these high rollers happy!"

We had a main course each plus a couple of popadoms and naans, and a drink. That's it. Our bill was about £30

But they gave us both a slice of chocolate fudge cake, ice cream, marshmallows, fruit salad, coffee, sweets and a whiskey and coke. All for free.

Needless to say I'll be going back!

Maybe they mis-heard you when in the spirit of the season you announced you were an "elf inspector"

• Like 1

Back from Sainsburys with industrial quantities of food and booze. Lightweight drinking at pub quiz tonight, heavyweight drinking (by my standards) at running club pissup tomorrow night. See the Piss You Off thread for hangover complaints.

Me and my wife both took out loans to buy our cars (cheaper than finance) a couple of years ago, all absolutely fine, then we get a letter each from HSBC..

They didn't send any correspondence regarding early pay back etc, which we would never have done anyway, considering we're both happy with our payback plan.

However, HSBC didn't think like that and have given us about 450 quid each as compensation.  So, 900 quid up for absolutely nothing :D

Merry Xmas - that should make the maternity leave a little easier :)

Â