Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Going out for a "do" in central London.  Took it in turns to pay for drinks - really expensive.  Before it got to my round, meal in the Hotel Chocolat restaurant in Borough Market.  Cocktails aplenty and a 3 course meal (awesome food by the way, even the white chocolate mash!).  As the cocktails kept on coming, I thought "hold on, I really can't afford this" (not that I let on).  Finished off the meal with a few rum hot chocolates.  The bill came.  The boss said "be back in a bit".  Few minutes later he came back and said "so, where next?".  Yes, he paid the whole feckin bill.  What a dude!!

• Like 1

Going out for a "do" in central London. Took it in turns to pay for drinks - really expensive. Before it got to my round, meal in the Hotel Chocolat restaurant in Borough Market. Cocktails aplenty and a 3 course meal (awesome food by the way, even the white chocolate mash!). As the cocktails kept on coming, I thought "hold on, I really can't afford this" (not that I let on). Finished off the meal with a few rum hot chocolates. The bill came. The boss said "be back in a bit". Few minutes later he came back and said "so, where next?". Yes, he paid the whole feckin bill. What a dude!!

. Except he can claim the staff party back on his tax bill

Going out for a "do" in central London. Took it in turns to pay for drinks - really expensive. Before it got to my round, meal in the Hotel Chocolat restaurant in Borough Market. Cocktails aplenty and a 3 course meal (awesome food by the way, even the white chocolate mash!). As the cocktails kept on coming, I thought "hold on, I really can't afford this" (not that I let on). Finished off the meal with a few rum hot chocolates. The bill came. The boss said "be back in a bit". Few minutes later he came back and said "so, where next?". Yes, he paid the whole feckin bill. What a dude!!

. Except he can claim the staff party back on his tax bill

Ah, you see, but he can't.  We call him the boss - as in we work for him - but we are not employed by him and we aren't "his team" (if that makes any sense whatsoever).  He doesn't pay our wages and doesn't even belong to the same organisation (but we're all civil service) so was straight out of his own pocket. 

Â