Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Went for a curry on Friday. Jilabi's in Sheldon.

Not only was it a lovely curry, but they plastered us with free stuff.

And it's not like we spent a fortune so they thought "We better keep these high rollers happy!"

We had a main course each plus a couple of popadoms and naans, and a drink. That's it. Our bill was about £30

But they gave us both a slice of chocolate fudge cake, ice cream, marshmallows, fruit salad, coffee, sweets and a whiskey and coke. All for free.

Needless to say I'll be going back!

Try the new 'Sheldon Spice' opposite Morrisons. The chef specials (especially the South Indian Dish) are lovely and the service is excellent. Sheldon has a good few restaurants now and the competition is forcing the others to up their game.

Edited by RunRickyRun

Me and my wife both took out loans to buy our cars (cheaper than finance) a couple of years ago, all absolutely fine, then we get a letter each from HSBC..

They didn't send any correspondence regarding early pay back etc, which we would never have done anyway, considering we're both happy with our payback plan.

However, HSBC didn't think like that and have given us about 450 quid each as compensation.  So, 900 quid up for absolutely nothing :D

Merry Xmas - that should make the maternity leave a little easier :)

A good news story about a bank? Get out!

19 year old big boobed waitress at work wearing a top way to small for her .....Merry Christmas

Pics or GTFO

• Like 2

Just poste this in the Russel brand thread, worthy of a bin dunne

Excellent!

Jay Kay being headbutted is always a favourite of mine

3:20 onwards...

• Like 1

Me and my wife both took out loans to buy our cars (cheaper than finance) a couple of years ago, all absolutely fine, then we get a letter each from HSBC..

They didn't send any correspondence regarding early pay back etc, which we would never have done anyway, considering we're both happy with our payback plan.

However, HSBC didn't think like that and have given us about 450 quid each as compensation.  So, 900 quid up for absolutely nothing :D

Merry Xmas - that should make the maternity leave a little easier :)

It's a miracle!

This was prophesied by the Banker's Bible in the second chapter of the book of Lucre, that it would come to pass that a child would be born, and that the Magi (Mortgage And Graft Initiative) would see a terrifying vision in the east (Hong Kong), of the horrors of regulation and sanction, and dazzled by this vision they would go forth and order a census of their accounting procedures, find themselves to be sinners, and decide to deliver their tribute by means of their mis-sold motorised camel finance agreement compensation scheme, and being doubtful of the fungibility of frankincense and myrrh, send the chosen one a cheque for nine-hundred shekels.

If you find your child is born in a place which smells like a stable and is crowded with moaning animals, it may be another sign, but it is more likely to be just your local A&E. :)  

• Like 3

And it's not like we spent a fortune so they thought "We better keep these high rollers happy!"

We had a main course each plus a couple of popadoms and naans, and a drink. That's it. Our bill was about £30

But they gave us both a slice of chocolate fudge cake, ice cream, marshmallows, fruit salad, coffee, sweets and a whiskey and coke. All for free.

Try the new 'Sheldon Spice' opposite Morrisons. The chef specials (especially the South Indian Dish) are lovely and the service is excellent. Sheldon has a good few restaurants now and the competition is forcing the others to up their game.

Its quite frankly criminal to be down this neck of the woods and not go to Shabar.

Its quite frankly criminal to be down this neck of the woods and not go to Shabar.
Don't think Shabar is that great to be honest. It's less than a mile from my house so I've been a fair few times.

Jilabi is the best I've had in the area.

Yeah I live close too.

Jilabi's service is fantastic, but the food is no more than average.

I suppose its what each person likes though.

I've only been once so maybe I got a good night.

Wasn't much meat though, that'yd be my only complaint. But when they give you a few courses for free I can't really complain!

Â