Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Going out for a "do" in central London.  Took it in turns to pay for drinks - really expensive.  Before it got to my round, meal in the Hotel Chocolat restaurant in Borough Market.  Cocktails aplenty and a 3 course meal (awesome food by the way, even the white chocolate mash!).  As the cocktails kept on coming, I thought "hold on, I really can't afford this" (not that I let on).  Finished off the meal with a few rum hot chocolates.  The bill came.  The boss said "be back in a bit".  Few minutes later he came back and said "so, where next?".  Yes, he paid the whole feckin bill.  What a dude!!

We had our work's Xmas party last night and it was great fun. It was in a big marquee with a Victorian theme, free three course meal that was pretty decent, but most importantly a free bar (except for double shots). Not only that, but I live a fair distance away as do some others, so they put us up in a hotel for the night, a De Veres. It was the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at and we got a free breakfast too. I have to say, my company really do like to take care of their employees. Our head board director is a bloody lovely woman.

• Like 2

Just being appreciative is all. I've worked for some really shitty companies, Microsoft being the standout example. Well, the whole point was that we were agency workers working at Microsoft but we worked our asses off for them and they never let us forget we weren't Microsoft employees. One year they cancelled a launch party that we were invited to in order to save money for the Xmas party that we weren't invited to.

The most annoying thing was that we worked just as hard (harder than quite a few Microsoft employees) but never got even got a thank you let alone anything else. It was depressing walking past the employee car park at 10pm at night after a thirteen hour day and seeing it empty save for one or two cars because the Microsoft guys didn't care enough to put in the extra effort. Most of them took absolutely no pride in what they did and were just selfish, stuck up, pretentious pricks.

So yeah, I'm appreciative of where I am now. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Just being appreciative is all. I've worked for some really shitty companies, Microsoft being the standout example. Well, the whole point was that we were agency workers working at Microsoft but we worked our asses off for them and they never let us forget we weren't Microsoft employees. One year they cancelled a launch party that we were invited to in order to save money for the Xmas party that we weren't invited to.

The most annoying thing was that we worked just as hard (harder than quite a few Microsoft employees) but never got even got a thank you let alone anything else. It was depressing walking past the employee car park at 10pm at night after a thirteen hour day and seeing it empty save for one or two cars because the Microsoft guys didn't care enough to put in the extra effort. Most of them took absolutely no pride in what they did and were just selfish, stuck up, pretentious pricks.

So yeah, I'm appreciative of where I am now. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

86b0d5c2b3ccc8d4a3bec4dc5372ceda21d05d29

Going out for a "do" in central London. Took it in turns to pay for drinks - really expensive. Before it got to my round, meal in the Hotel Chocolat restaurant in Borough Market. Cocktails aplenty and a 3 course meal (awesome food by the way, even the white chocolate mash!). As the cocktails kept on coming, I thought "hold on, I really can't afford this" (not that I let on). Finished off the meal with a few rum hot chocolates. The bill came. The boss said "be back in a bit". Few minutes later he came back and said "so, where next?". Yes, he paid the whole feckin bill. What a dude!!

We had our work's Xmas party last night and it was great fun. It was in a big marquee with a Victorian theme, free three course meal that was pretty decent, but most importantly a free bar (except for double shots). Not only that, but I live a fair distance away as do some others, so they put us up in a hotel for the night, a De Veres. It was the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at and we got a free breakfast too. I have to say, my company really do like to take care of their employees. Our head board director is a bloody lovely woman.

You should DHUTWU for a promotion, might work...

Â