Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

37 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I could do without the cricket, but looks lovely.   I like that table.   Is that a solar panel in the centre?  If so, what's it powering?

Yes it is, it just powers a light that comes on at night. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I'm the opposite. Havana Club 7, I love. White rum gives me the hangovers. 

When I was in Cuba they actually have a quicker one than 3 but I'm not sure how quick, 3 being 3 years and the yellow label but they had a white label one which from memory on the tour of the distillery never leaves the island, it was about £3 for a litre bottle 🥴 that one was unsurprisingly rough

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

When I was in Cuba they actually have a quicker one than 3 but I'm not sure how quick, 3 being 3 years and the yellow label but they had a white label one which from memory on the tour of the distillery never leaves the island, it was about £3 for a litre bottle 🥴 that one was unsurprisingly rough

A couple of years ago I had a chance to sample some rum "new make", basically the raw distilled spirit before it's aged at all. That'll wake you up :) 

I've tried the same for a few whiskies and they range from wanting to rip our your tongue to surprisingly drinkable.

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Took my lad for his first drive this morning after he turned 17 on Friday.

Very surprised his clutch control was pretty decent for his first time behind the wheel. 

Just got him to pull away in first, change to second, stop and then reverse back to get used to it all. 

There’s a massive waiting list for proper lessons so will be taking him out in the meantime. Hopefully one of the five instructors we have lined up can fit him in soon though (although it’s bloody expensive now!) 

The youngest got her license last summer which thankfully lit a fire under the eldest to get it done. Out on the country roads at the moment and it's about as nerve-wracking as last time. A few more road hours and then it's off to proper lessons to remove all bad habits I'm not catching, or worse, teaching him. :)

Then I have another one to drive me home from the pub. Investment! \o/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

The youngest got her license last summer which thankfully lit a fire under the eldest to get it done. Out on the country roads at the moment and it's about as nerve-wracking as last time. A few more road hours and then it's off to proper lessons to remove all bad habits I'm not catching, or worse, teaching him. :)

Then I have another one to drive me home from the pub. Investment! \o/

I very much appreciated my daughter giving me a lift to the pub this afternoon. I knew she'd come in useful one day. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, blandy said:

Every year there's a day where classic car folk bring their motors to a little area on the green by the waterfront here. Went up there this afternoon (it's dead close to my house). It's got pretty big. Loads of old motors in great nick, Old Volvos, Saabs, VWs, Jensens, Triumphs, Minis, Porsches, Mercs, and so on. And some newer cars - Ferraris Lambo, Modern Porkers, Mustangs all sorts. Had a long chat about VW restoration with one nice chap who owned a mint splittie.

So nostalgia cars on a warm afternoon and an old fire engine too. Lovely.IMG_3118.jpegIMG_3116.jpeg

I was there last year whilst the 1940s festival was on, I saw this was advertised a week or 2 back when I was at St Annes and I think if I hadn't just been I would have made the trip up. Would I right in saying that stretch of land is also where the festival is held each year?

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Would I right in saying that stretch of land is also where the festival is held each year?

It’s a little bit further along, but yeah, on the Green. The festival is closer to my house.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

It’s a little bit further along, but yeah, on the Green. The festival is closer to my house.

Unlucky, I'd book a holiday somewhere if I were you :D 

You even have that tit with his Fun Lovin' Criminals, this year and he's not even remotely the worst act on

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

You even have that tit with his Fun Lovin' Criminals, this year and he's not even remotely the worst act on

Fwiw, I don’t think Huey is in the band any longer. Which makes them even more pointless.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

I am away for it, but the reason why doesn’t belong in this thread. Every cloud has a silver lining, though 😁

The fact that Rebekah Vardy's total legal bills could be around £6m! Play stupid games...

Bet Jamie wishes he listened to his friends and parents. 

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

The fact that Rebekah Vardy's total legal bills could be around £6m! Play stupid games...

I believe Jamie didn't want her to battle it out in court anyway, which is why she has done a book, an various documentaries to try pay for it, he ain't interested.

6 million would stretch the finances, even if he is on 60k a week.

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Everywhere he goes he gets abuse from fans too.

Your wife is a grass

Your wife, is a graaaaaass

Jamie Vardy, your wife is a grass.

I bet he’s livid. Struck the jackpot going from non-league to the Premier League, then having to fund £6m bill for a petty fued between her and her mate.

Pre-tax that’s gotta be about £11m of wages. What a waste of money.

Edited by Genie

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Aren't they making a TV show on it?

I'm guessing she'll also manage to sell some sort of story for a few million and get a bit of it back, she's also trademarked "wagatha Christie" which about sums it all up

I’d love her to get taken to court by Colleen again for using her term without permission :lol: 

I just got a deal i’m very happy with. I’m going to the USA later in the year and was aware on my current mobile phone tariff I would get stung for about £6 a day (x10 days) to use my data out there. As we use a lot of Uber it’s a must.

O2 have some very good value sim only tariffs, but they are amazing if you’re a Virgin Media customer.

I just took at the 10GB data (plus unlimited texts and calls) tariff on a 12 month contract for £5 a month. Great already, BUT as a VM customer I’ll also get “Volt” benefits.

1) Double data -> becomes 20GB per month

2) Broadband boost -> home broadband goes up to next available speed. For me that should be from 350mb to 500mb.

3) O2 travel inclusive zone -> EU is included as standard but the inclusive zone includes USA, Australia, Canada plus others.

4) 20% discount -> As this is my second account with O2 (I have a cheap sim only for my son too) I’ll get 20% off making it £4 per month.

5) I’ll potentially get £22.50 cashback from quidco (not guaranteed).

• Like 1

Â