Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

sunday my wife met up with her mate who has a connection to her local bakery and takes everything off theirs hands at closing time and then distributes it to older people in her community, i ended up with a couple of danish and bread rolls

today in the office a lady who has a connection to her local bakery and takes everything off their hands at closing time has brought it all in to the office, im 1 danish down, got a cheese roll for later and will see what else there is come 2pm, she's brought in loads, could feed 20 - 30 people...or 1 gannet 

im developing a mild rosinenschneke (literally raisin snail) / raisin whirl addiction 

• Like 1

18 years ago i worked in a design kitchen at a cookie factory, **** me i ate some bakery products!

main business was tesco cookies, i had to do the batch testing, take 1 sample out of each batch, bake it, weight it, measure it etc, the factory at its peak was 24 hours and did around 180 batches a day, so i had a tray of 180 cookies at the end of my desk every day...then we got in to donuts and i was designing donut flavour and colour combinations, we owned a donut factory in france that at the time was the only one in the world that could inject ring donuts, i was having monthly presentations to tesco's buyer to look at raspberry jam ring donuts with pink icing and white lines or white icing with pink lines...then we got in to bagels, then shortbread, all the while we were trying to flog them brownies, then we bought a muffin factory sown south that had a production line that could do hand finished muffins and sell them to the london crowd at £3 a pop (in 2003), we tried to get pizzas in there and paninis, i had a box of each panini flavour, over 100 in each box, tesco took one look at them said not a **** chance so like the 500+ paninis were mine and i ate the lot

ive told the jelly bean story before - bascially they dont work in cookies because the sugar coating doesnt bake, so i ate around 7 kilos worth of jelly beans

not sure if i've told the krispy creme story before - i got sent a box of frozen donuts from the states in around 2002, id never heard of them, they werent on sale in the UK, they'd killed the brand name in the states because they'd launched a frozen "thaw and serve" range for american homes and the quality was terrible, so they were in talks with tesco to try and relaunch themselves here, me and two others ate the box, around 64 donuts variety of flavours, wrote a big report on them all, basically told tescos dont do it they're shit! they were really poor, they obviously came back a few years later with the fresh donuts and a better all round product

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3

On 13/08/2021 at 17:48, Xela said:

Where is Pet Sounds? 

I see a pink Himalayan salt lamp! 

Fist question, it's there somewhere (two versions, one is green/yellow vinyl)

Salt lamps - yes we have three but haven't the room to put them all out now

55 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Fist question, it's there somewhere (two versions, one is green/yellow vinyl). 

Come on. You're not telling me you've only got two copies of Pet Sounds? 

57 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Salt lamps - yes we have three but haven't the room to put them all out now

Spooky. I had never even heard of salt lamps until about an hour ago, when our daughter mentioned that her young 'un had dropped one on her foot. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yep. It's far from my favourite.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Spooky. I had never even heard of salt lamps until about an hour ago, when our daughter mentioned that her young 'un had dropped one on her foot. 

Wow I'm surprised it's not a hospital job, they're **** heavy

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Correction on previous comment of only having two.

Just remembered it came out in USA only in 1972 as a double album with "Carl & The Passions - So Tough". I have a promotional copy of that, so it's three copies of PS.

<anorakoff>

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Just reading @villa4europes post is making me ill for the day. I loved baked goods but if I ate that many I would be spending a day on the khazi. 

I'd be spending a day on the khazi... while eating them! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Apparently it fell from quite a height, too. Lucky. 

Surprised it didn't go through the floor!

Mine is, (KW at ready) a definite two hander to pick up! 

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Then we bought a muffin factory sown south that had a production line that could do hand finished muffins and sell them to the london crowd at £3 a pop (in 2003), we tried to get pizzas in there and paninis, i had a box of each panini flavour, over 100 in each box, tesco took one look at them said not a **** chance so like the 500+ paninis were mine and i ate the lot

image.png.f1b6da0e1aa2f6dd0a35d8a4c240e068.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â