Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm of the same era, and I've never seen a fully Carry On film, just odd clips here and there like the above. If that's the funniest scene, it feels like a lucky escape, it's painful to watch.

I am totally of the Carry On films generation (born 1954), and I have always thought they were utter shite. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Must admit when I first went to Boro away it was a bit like WTF. My grandad said Ayresome Park wasn’t for the faint hearted, which was before I started going away .

Preferred Ayresome Park to the Soulless shithole of an identiki stadium they have at the Riverside (Which is exactly the same design as Pride Park iirc)

Last time I was at the Riverside it was surround by what can only be described as fields of rubble. I presume they've erected mud huts on this land since

Must say I have never heard or seen any of the Carry On films  either and looking at some of the above clips not really my cup of tea.

My favorite British comedian is Rowan Atkinson by a fair margin. Just his facial expressions and mannerisms can get me rolling🤣

Edited by Big Salad

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Preferred Ayresome Park to the Soulless shithole of an identiki stadium they have at the Riverside (Which is exactly the same design as Pride Park iirc)

Last time I was at the Riverside it was surround by what can only be described as fields of rubble. I presume they've erected mud huts on this land since

Yep, I remember those fields of rubble resembling a scrap yard. There was an old homeless man wondering around wearing rags. Well I assume he was homeless. 

Just now, Big Salad said:

Must say I have never heard or seen any of the Carry On films but looking at some of the above clips not really my cup of tea.

My favorite British comedian is Rowan Atkinson by a fair margin. Just his facial expressions and mannerisms can get me rolling🤣

Can’t take to him that much. Mr Bean was ridiculous, but there was some funny moments .

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Can’t take to him that much. Mr Bean was ridiculous, but there was some funny moments .

Fair enough I am a big fan of his Mr Bean stuff and love the Johnny English films also

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yep, I remember those fields of rubble resembling a scrap yard. There was an old homeless man wondering around wearing rags. Well I assume he was homeless. 

That was the Police and Crime Commissioner

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would agree with your assessment of Carry On Films as I'm in that boat but The Young Ones used to have me in absolute stitches. It was without doubt the most important thing on telly when I was a kid. 

If people think Carry On hasn't aged well they need to watch some other 60's / 70's comedy.  It's not exactly PC now but compared to a lot of what was going on at the time it was virtually WOKE. 

My mum didn't let us kids watch The Young Ones... she used to switch it off. Every. Single. Time. :wacko:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That was Tony Pulis. 

• Haha 1

Â