Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It's my Birthday and I've felt really shit all day as it was thought that my office PC had been hacked last night and loads of dodgy emails sent supposedly from one of my email accounts, turns out it was nothing to do with my PC, so thats a huge weight off my shoulders, I can now happily go about ignoring my birthday in my new slippers.

I was properly miserable before. Let the music play!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

It's my Birthday and I've felt really shit all day as it was thought that my office PC had been hacked last night and loads of dodgy emails sent supposedly from one of my email accounts, turns out it was nothing to do with my PC, so thats a huge weight off my shoulders, I can now happily go about ignoring my birthday in my new slippers.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should we quickly organise one of those emotional birthday driveby’s that are getting on local news.

We could all drive past and toot as he waves emotionally from behind the living room nets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Happy Birthday. ;)

• Thanks 1

On 30/03/2020 at 18:46, useless said:

There's two boxes of coco pops in the pack I've got, plus a box of frosties, cornflakes, rice krispies and Rice Krispies Multi-Grain Shapes. Am hopefully going to save the second box for when the pandemic is over.

No Crunchy Nut?  WTFF?

• Like 2

Crunchy nut come in their own variety pack, but there's only four boxes, same with Special K. Edit just checked and you can also get bigger packs that also include crunchy nut and special k, but not sure if they're readily available at the grocery store. I normally just have porridge anyway, cheaper, healthier (I think) and more filling.

Edited by useless

17 hours ago, useless said:

Crunchy nut come in their own variety pack, but there's only four boxes, same with Special K. Edit just checked and you can also get bigger packs that also include crunchy nut and special k, but not sure if they're readily available at the grocery store. I normally just have porridge anyway, cheaper, healthier (I think) and more filling.

What I love about this post is Useless tried to start a conversation about cereal variety boxes on Monday and then decided to carry it on with himself a full day later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

In reply to my own post in the things that pee you off thread.

My Trust are now in contract.

If they had slipped out, they'd have been paying £10k per day more in utility bills.

Now I have saved them £750k-£1.2m per year, for 5 years.

Not me exclusively, but a large part of it, from the recommendation, to the completion was down to me.  I haven't had a thanks from the trust yet, and I don't expect one, but the relief when I found out was palpable.

Atlas's stone has been put down.

Now we've changed the entire paymech, so I have to get my head round that now.. 

Onto other things, just not procurement! Hahaha 

Sorry for my moan, but I needed that last night.

In all fairness no one gave a shit about you not topping up your meter the sentence of value was related to formula milk. How is your youngest?

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

In all fairness no one gave a shit about you not topping up your meter the sentence of value was related to formula milk. How is your youngest?

I managed to get some Soy baby fomula from a Tesco's a few miles away on Tuesday, he didn't like the taste at first, but we've been giving it to him while he's sleeping (dream feeding) and last night/today he's drinking it ok.

This morning he did his sharp-intakes of breath, whilst flailing around and then screaming, then after it passes, you check his nappy and nothing there. 

He did a poop later last night which wasn't as bad as it has been, and we've been feeding him lots of mushy-fibrous meals to help soften his poops, but as of yet, no real evidence to say "yes, he's got a dairy allergy".  

We'll see how he goes today and call 112 later if we need to.  Not nice for the poor little fella though :( 

Oh, and last night, my 5 year old came out in chicken pox.. 

More joy. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I managed to get some Soy baby fomula from a Tesco's a few miles away on Tuesday, he didn't like the taste at first, but we've been giving it to him while he's sleeping (dream feeding) and last night/today he's drinking it ok.

This morning he did his sharp-intakes of breath, whilst flailing around and then screaming, then after it passes, you check his nappy and nothing there. 

He did a poop later last night which wasn't as bad as it has been, and we've been feeding him lots of mushy-fibrous meals to help soften his poops, but as of yet, no real evidence to say "yes, he's got a dairy allergy".  

We'll see how he goes today and call 112 later if we need to.  Not nice for the poor little fella though :( 

Oh, and last night, my 5 year old came out in chicken pox.. 

More joy. 

Ooh, quick, you should do one of those chicken pox parties.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ooh, quick, you should do one of those chicken pox parties.

We've got all 92 kids from his school year around in our living room.

You can never be too careful, can you? 

Thinking GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

Â