Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Edited by useless
Because I like the sound of her voice... And she's going to help anyone who needs food... https://www.instagram.com/p/B9-VuoaAXU7/

The female IT idiot at work has with most of the other staff just been furloughed

We sent out a company wide email to the staff to make sure their contact details are up to date

She's just had to email us... a change of address, a completely different email and a new mobile number (none of which has happened in the last three months at least)

It was literally her job to keep this database up to date

Another of the many ticks in her "useless and she's just had to advertise it to the world" column :mrgreen:

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Our financial director gave me a call this afternoon. It's one thing when HR calls to check up on you, but I really appreciated that someone high up, who really doesn't have to do this, made the effort to call.

I'm also loving working at Aldi while I'm on leave from my main employer. The people are fantastic, and the job itself is pretty simple, but the time passes incredibly.

It’s also a genuinely productive useful job right now (always was, but you know what I mean).

Hopefully some long lasting respect for people with such ‘ordinary’ jobs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Our financial director gave me a call this afternoon. It's one thing when HR calls to check up on you, but I really appreciated that someone high up, who really doesn't have to do this, made the effort to call.

I'm also loving working at Aldi while I'm on leave from my main employer. The people are fantastic, and the job itself is pretty simple, but the time passes incredibly.

Glad you are enjoying the new job mate. 

The Head of our business gave me a call the other day as well, he was just checking we were ok and thanking us for the huge amount of work we had done this week. It is a nice touch as you say. 

• Like 3

This coming Tuesday I will turn 30, and my cousin will turn 40 as we share birthdays, and we get to celebrate these significant milestones (if you want to consider them that) in isolation. Australia has made it acceptable for weddings to have 5 people in attendance, and funerals to have 10 people in attendance. They didn't specify birthdays, but I think it safe to assume they don't qualify for a breach of the isolation measures we have in place.

Anyway, we (my cousin and I) don't know each other all that well, but we have agreed to spend some time together on our birthday this year and just shoot the breeze over facetime or whatever app allows us to connect. So I am looking forward to this, I only ever see her at Christmas, and outside of that we have only ever really spoken when I reached out to her following the removal of both her breasts as a consequence of cancer. There was the time her father died too. We have a real knack for bumping meets during tough times. She is asthmatic and I can sense quite nervous about contracting this virus.

I am beginning to understand what was meant when whoever said the greatest gift is giving. I would no doubt enjoy a celebration of my 30 years of some sort with my friends and acquaintances, and for the day to be about me.

I am looking forward to speaking to my cousin, because I know she's not in the best space right now, and she says as much, and I get the feeling me instigating a dialogue and proposing a catchup has already lifted her mood.

We are all we got man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

55 for me on Tuesday, I'll be doing what I normally do, ignoring the hell out of it

When I turned 50 in January people couldn't believe that I didn't want a big party and celebrate it.  I was perfectly happy to pretend it wasn't happening.  JUST LEAVE ME BE FFS. 

• Like 1

Just watching the Ashes to Ashes episode and Gene Hunt and Alex Drake are going into the top secret room they get locked into and overheated in.   MMMMmmmmmmmmm. 

Have a Kellog's variety pack on standby in case of a food shortage, but couldn't resist the coco pops, the taste and the crackling popping noise they make in the milk cheered me up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Have a Kellog's variety pack on standby in case of a food shortage, but couldn't resist the coco pops, the taste and the crackling popping noise they make in the milk cheered me up.

The coco pops are the best thing about those variety packs. But seriously wtf are they playing at only putting one box of them in. 

There's two boxes of coco pops in the pack I've got, plus a box of frosties, cornflakes, rice krispies and Rice Krispies Multi-Grain Shapes. Am hopefully going to save the second box for when the pandemic is over.

Â