Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

How I’ve gone from being the bald man with a set of clippers, a figure of ridicule in my fully haired household, to the last hope and saviour for haircuts during the apocalypse. 

Both kids have asked me to shave the backs of their heads this week. Nothing extreme just a number one undercut. I’m not touching them with scissors. 

But it’s nice to be valued as a badly for once. 

• Like 2

I have some clippers and considered just shaving it all off, but I've decided to take advantage of nobody seeing me for probably 2-3 months, and I'm using it as an opportunity to grow out my hair and see if I can grow a beard. 

This is week 2 day 5. I'm beginning to look slightly unkempt. I refuse to shave until at least week 8, it's the best chance I'll ever get to see if I can grow one while avoiding judgement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I have some clippers and considered just shaving it all off, but I've decided to take advantage of nobody seeing me for probably 2-3 months, and I'm using it as an opportunity to grow out my hair and see if I can grow a beard. 

This is week 2 day 5. I'm beginning to look slightly unkempt. I refuse to shave until at least week 8, it's the best chance I'll ever get to see if I can grow one while avoiding judgement.

I’d love to do that, but my time for plentiful hair has passed. Plus my missus would have me on a ban, and I don’t want that! 

My hair is past its normal cut by date. Plus I've been growing my beard since November 2018. I think its reached it maximum though as it hasn't really grown much in the last few months. With the excess lockdown eating i'm expecting to come out of lockdown looking like this:

220px-RubeusHagrid.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Do yourself a favour and tidy the neckline/cheekline every so often.

10 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Down here in designated exercise sector 357x there's a parakeet nesting in a tree. Didn't know we had parakeets in the UK. 

Flocks of them in Hyde Park.

• Like 1

@useless - especially when I get to catch up on 9 months worth of musings in the I often wonder thread.

You had me and Mrsvm crying tears of joyful laughter at times last night, which given the current state of affairs is pretty damn cool. Thank you for being you and sharing it with us. We needed that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Down here in designated exercise sector 357x there's a parakeet nesting in a tree. Didn't know we had parakeets in the UK. 

There are a few flocks around the UK. Meant to be some in Shard End and Sandwell Valley country Park. 

There is a rumour that Jimi Hendrix is to blame, but obviously they are just a number of escapees from various homes. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There are a few flocks around the UK. Meant to be some in Shard End and Sandwell Valley country Park. 

There is a rumour that Jimi Hendrix is to blame, but obviously they are just a number of escapees from various homes. 

They actually cleared Hendrix in December of this

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-50755015

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I get them in my back garden , there are loads of them in Surrey ... things are a bit of a pain as they strip all the trees !!

Before the  Hendrix rumour , was the rumour that they escaped from Shepperton studios where they were being used on the set of African Queen ... but they seem to have been around in smaller numbers long before that 

• Like 2

Ring necked parakeets are seriously one of the most numerous birds in South and West London.

You get massive raucous squadrons of them. They're sometimes quite tame in the central London parks.

Tone's right, they're destructive. The allotment folk don't like them.

Richmond Park is the best for diversity of escapees. Macaws and cockatoos flying about.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This week I met a bloke who worked in pharmacy called Andy Pothecary. APothecary.

i bloody love some nominative determinism. 

My Dad is secretary of a non-league team and whenever he has to deal with or appeal a red card he has to contact a lady called Kelly Discipline.  It's an unlikely enough surname as it is but to have that job as well is amazing.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

My Dad is secretary of a non-league team and whenever he has to deal with or appeal a red card he has to contact a lady called Kelly Discipline.  It's an unlikely enough surname as it is but to have that job as well is amazing.

Not as amazing as Benedict Shitcan who works at Portaloo. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

@useless - especially when I get to catch up on 9 months worth of musings in the I often wonder thread.

You had me and Mrsvm crying tears of joyful laughter at times last night, which given the current state of affairs is pretty damn cool. Thank you for being you and sharing it with us. We needed that.

@useless is my favourite poster ever. 

When he left a while ago, the forum nose-dived because the remaining skanks posting are terrible in comparison. 

Useless, never leave here again. 

• Like 1

Â