Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Ooh, quick, you should do one of those chicken pox parties.

That happened to me when I got chickenpox, aged ten. House full of kids... on Christmas **** ing Day. I barely got a look-in with my new Scalextric. Grrrr. 

• Like 1

There is a fortune awaiting the first person who learns how to transplant the hairs , that grow in profusion, from you ears as you grow older onto the top of your head where the reverse in happening. Thought For The Day !

• Like 1

I realise I'm probably very late to the party, but I've just come across "8D Audio" and it's blowing my mind.

(absolutely definitely requires headphones)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I realise I'm probably very late to the party, but I've just come across "8D Audio" and it's blowing my mind.

(absolutely definitely requires headphones)

Mate, guess what - we landed on the moon! 😉

Nah, I only found about this recently too. I got sent an 8D track as an audio file through WhatsApp. It’s been around a while so **** knows how it’s only just really started to surface and become more prevalent. Unless we’re just uncool and massively behind the curve!! Agree...it’s blowing my mind too.

Try this one:

• Like 1

You lot are so cynical. I'm sure the statuesque Russian beauty is with for his GSOH and kindness to animals. 

15 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Mate, guess what - we landed on the moon! 😉

Nah, I only found about this recently too. I got sent an 8D track as an audio file through WhatsApp. It’s been around a while so **** knows how it’s only just really started to surface and become more prevalent. Unless we’re just uncool and massively behind the curve!! Agree...it’s blowing my mind too.

Try this one:

Listened to those but not really my thing so went to YouTube ... had the obligatory Bohemian Rhapsody so I tried that , hated it the way it switched between ears and so forth , was about to file it under meh and never again and then found this gem

Might have to rethink it now 

Played a few more , decided it’s pretty shit actually , it’s like someone cranked up the treble and then just moves it from one ear to another for no good reason , wonderwall sounds terrible (no comment) , the drums on Billie Jean , arguably the best thing of the whole song , sound tinny and ruined , Let it be it just turned it into a church organ piece with echo , like wise Take on me where the sound just overlaps and sounds dreadful , and Nirvana’s come as you are ... No , no and No 

so , for that reason I’m out 

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Played a few more , decided it’s pretty shit actually , it’s like someone cranked up the treble and then just moves it from one ear to another for no good reason , wonderwall sounds terrible (no comment) , the drums on Billie Jean , arguably the best thing of the whole song , sound tinny and ruined , Let it be it just turned it into a church organ piece with echo , like wise Take on me where the sound just overlaps and sounds dreadful , and Nirvana’s come as you are ... No , no and No 

so , for that reason I’m out 

Wait! Are you being serious!? People have tried to convert Let It Be, Take on Me and Billie Jean etc to this format!? 🤨
I haven’t listened to those particular tracks in 8D, but I just can’t imagine it translating across at all. I’m surprised people even tried and thought it would work.

I’m still impressed, but I do think it needs a certain style of music (like the Billie Eilish track). 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I bought some jaffa cakes on a whim while shopping for my essentials at the off licence.  I'd forgotten how amazing they are.

You obviously haven't followed my various jaffa cake geek posts. Summary: forget McVities. Morrisons economy are the business. Still twelve in a packet (McVs switched to ten, which screwed my standard portion of four at a sitting), and exactly the same as the Morrisons regular product (blind tasting proven). 39p a packet. They are the only thing I have been stockpiling, the cupboard is piled high, but I'm still nervous about supply chain problems up ahead. Tasting tip: pair with Havana Club 7 year old rum. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You obviously haven't followed my various jaffa cake geek posts. Summary: forget McVities. Morrisons economy are the business. Still twelve in a packet (McVs switched to ten, which screwed my standard portion of four at a sitting), and exactly the same as the Morrisons regular product (blind tasting proven). 39p a packet. They are the only thing I have been stockpiling, the cupboard is piled high, but I'm still nervous about supply chain problems up ahead. Tasting tip: pair with Havana Club 7 year old rum. 

The ones I bought are made by a company called Euroshopper, 24 for £1.  McVities should really have trademarked them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Two Cadbury’s Easter eggs for £1.50 in Morrison's. I bring four back every time I go, put mine in the fridge to eat later. Cold Easter egg chocolate, is simply the best. 

Aldi doing 60% and 70% cocoa large chocolate eggs reduced to £2.99, there’s yer choc hit right there.

Â